Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

It should be noted that the data you’re referring to is for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, not for Moderna or J&J. Please let those data sets be completed, released, and discussed before condemning boosters overall.

6 Likes

It would be unethical, but the interns should just say, “look, I’m not supposed to tell you this, but it’s ivermectin.” Make it part of the protocol.

12 Likes

To be clear I’m talking specifically about Pfizer because that’s the only vaccine that the CDC and FDA advisory groups have been able to review and approve for boosters. I did not mean to imply that J&J or Moderna have been shown to cause myocarditis. But you’re correct that the data isn’t in yet for those.

4 Likes

From the quote:

they’ll be okay, I’m sure because they’re both vaccinated up the wazoo

Well, there’s their problem. That’s not how these vaccines are meant to be administered. Silly.

17 Likes

11 Likes

people have been criminally prosecuted for keeping family members (esp children) away from life saving treatments

not that that’ll be any sort of incentive for them if a loved one’s death isn’t enough already

8 Likes

All 200 of Finland’s Members of Parliament will be permitted to sit in the plenary hall at the same time from 5 October.

This figure also means that 36 MPs have only received one dose or no doses of a coronavirus vaccine so far.

9 Likes

I saw a very small (four people) anti-vax / anti-mask rally in central Osaka today. I stood there just pointedly flipping them the bird and the guy on the mic said that was rude, so I yelled back that it was rude of him to be trying to get people killed. I shouted that they were murderers, and he said that I was misinformed and that I was the one trying to get people killed. I called them an embarrassment to Japan (using the word “temera,” which is a word that would get bleeped out on TV) and walked away.

The signs say that PCR tests are a scam, masks are harmful, 1155 people died after being vaccinated, the vaccine is a scam and so forth.

27 Likes

Currently traveling the mental association pathway from “up the wazoo” to Yazoo’s Don’t Go. :wink:

12 Likes
10 Likes

One of the stranger side effects of the pandemic:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

So they stay home and suffer/die there instead. I feel for the family members who are unable to make medical decisions for themselves, though.

Agreed.

11 Likes

If people give medical advice and say you can rely on it - and it’s probably false and harms others- I have no sympathy if it leads to them having crushing civil judgments against them.

Or if there are criminal charges.

12 Likes

Damn. Wrap your head around this:

Okay. Now imagine a place where they’ve run out of propofol.

23 Likes

Yahoo reprint

15 Likes

:flushed:
Holy shit. That should be a month’s worth!

14 Likes

She did say “what was supposed to be 12 ICU beds”, so who knows how many extra beds are crammed in?

11 Likes

Sadly, that’s true. We have had conference rooms and even the nurse’s break room turned into patient beds. ICU beds are tough to do that with, though. And if you are using that much propofol, they are ventilated and monitored. Most hospitals don’t have a lot of spare that stuff lying around, let alone the trained personnel to staff them. Tell me they are in hell without telling me they are in hell.

22 Likes

Propofol and I do not do well together, so now there’s yet another reason why I have to make sure I never get covid!

13 Likes

That’s unfortunate. Propofol is one of the few things that can put you down enough for intubation without decreasing your respiratory drive. Ketamine does that as well, but the hallucinations are said to be terrifying. At least in adults. I used it in kids a lot with no issues, but they tend to think the weird things that join us in the room are funny, so…

24 Likes