Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

On a sub-level of that: How many catheter bags needed changing in one shift, without saying it. On top of everything else that needed watching and doing.

7 Likes
15 Likes

Just hope they donā€™t need defibrillation. Propofol is known to dramatically increase the energy required for defibrillation, and high-energy external defibrillators have been phased out over the last several years.

13 Likes

Makes the perception of time and space very messed up in my experience.

Would not recommend it in any kind of scary situation.

16 Likes

That awkward moment when conservatives realized that they legalized drivers mowing down protestors in several states

18 Likes
14 Likes

Ohio Prosecutor Warns of Anti-Vaxxers Planning to Shut Down Highways

Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t seen more Peace Bonds used in :canada: in this context. I see that they were popular in the early days of the :us: but have had their constitutionality called into question. I guess in the :uk: itā€™s the ever controversial ASBO and its derivatives. Since these are civil mechanisms with civil burden of proof it would seem they offer mechanism to address a few problems, quickly.

Peace bonds have been used here with people affiliated with violent organizations.

Iā€™ll have to chat with my legal eagle friend, but there is a line somewhere between ā€œflat eartherā€ (kooky, ignored) and ā€œISIS supporterā€ (kooky, subject to legal restraint) where we take action as a society. I think in the ā€œanti-vaxā€, ā€œanti-maskā€ and ā€œhospital blockaderā€ spectrum that people, particularly their group leaders, are going to find themselves weighed in a legally re-calibrated balance at some point.

6 Likes

It is absolutely wrong, and I would deserve to be fired and/or prosecuted, but if I were an employee at one of the restaurants in that food courtā€¦in a 24 hour time period I still would not be able to generate enough spit to cover these folksā€™ food to my general satisfaction.

13 Likes

Donā€™t forget their faces

9 Likes

ā€¦and were arrestedā€¦?

7 Likes

Did you not notice their skin color?

9 Likes

I know. Wishful thinking.

9 Likes

Just got back from the appointment. Everyone in the office was wearing a mask and when they had to take him in the back for tests I asked, very politely, if everyone who comes in contact with our cat would be wearing a mask. They were all very professional. The only people not wearing a mask were a couple people bringing their pets in to see a doctor.

The take away is, there are plenty of places and people that are doing their part to try and get this thing under control.

Just thought Iā€™d post a little good virus story.

21 Likes

Cardiac arrested?

Channel 9 Please GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

10 Likes

Well, I did not. I think they prefer it that way.

/s, just in case.

I think the thing they say is ā€œI am colour-blindā€.

2 Likes

(Alaska)

1 Like
20 Likes
16 Likes

My momā€™s hairdresser place has strict procedures, which they stuck to even during the lull between full vaccination and Deltaā€™s ramp up.

13 Likes
  • Covid
  • In the ICU. (Which selects for an increased chance of an underlying condition.)
  • On a ventilator. (At best 50% survival, depending on age and other things.)
  • Their heart stopsā€¦
  • In a place like that Alberta ICU, overloaded, and a triaged queue waiting for a bed?

As you say, hope they donā€™t need defibrillation.

10 Likes