Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

In the ICU, every patient usually has a defibrillator and EKG hooked up to them all the time.

[pedant alert] If their heart stops then they need pacing (which the defibrillator also does). It’s when the heart is chaotically going too fast that it’s time to charge the defibrillator.

18 Likes

Great news, everyone!

Today, Japan only reported 1,128 new cases of COVID-19, with Tokyo at 154 (under 200 for the first time in half a year!) and Osaka at 151 (under 200 for the first time in 2.5 months).

The whole country is planning to lift the current state of emergency, so these numbers may not last…

13 Likes
19 Likes

I hope he doesn’t forget his Tinactin Tea. It’s fact actin’!!

10 Likes

I didn’t know rapid weight loss was a Covid symptom. Maybe he does have worms?

11 Likes

Insert ‘why not both’ gif here.

8 Likes

Ivermectin is the new miracle weight loss drug!

6 Likes

Probably mostly retirement age.

23 Likes

And nothing of value …

17 Likes

I don’t think the ones in his brain will respond to ivermectin.

10 Likes

Still, these are exactly the sort of LEOs we want to defund. Thanks for making it easy, guys!

17 Likes

assuming they actually leave. lots of departments have said they’re losing officers, while their employment numbers still say otherwise

even so… ( eta: like @chgoliz says too ) it would be a great opportunity to defund, and to spin up non policing agencies… not sure the chances of that happening in massachusetts.

im not totally clear even what sheriff’s do, other than evictions :frowning:

10 Likes

but the movies!!! :wink:

4 Likes

Especially Flatliners. The technical pratfall is practically written into the title.

8 Likes

He does. In his brain.

(Edit: Ninja’s by @DukeTrout !)

10 Likes

I somehow suspect that if something else, say, maybe, Black men?, was killing cops at this rate, there would be no uprising about their right to die like this.

17 Likes

Politics hasn’t killed this many Americans since the civil war.

14 Likes
23 Likes

According to the official numbers, you may be mistaken. I think it is now “ever.” According to the more-realistic excess mortality numbers, we are way past it.

20 Likes

I guess I’m thinking that the number of covid victims that can be attributed to politics is somewhat less than the number of deaths overall, especially if you take the narrow view of only counting people who rejected safety measures and the vaccine because of political reasons and consequently died. Whatever the interpretation, it is a nightmare and a tragedy on a similar scale to the worst that we have ever experienced.

4 Likes