Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Only 88 shopping days until Christmas!

Sorry. Feeling a little dark lately.

8 Likes

At least for a little while that is…

16 Likes
3 Likes
12 Likes

The horror gets lost in numbers. I was asking myself: what about the genocide on native Americans? But in fact, higher or lower, percentage or absolute: the numbers don’t carry the horror.

I believe only the experience of being on the side of a bed of a dying loved one changes perception fundamentally.

I had that. Pre-Covid-19.
And while I am not the most empathic person when confronted with real people, I am feeling this pandemic, death by death.

14 Likes

Why on earth does everyone keep doing this? They ease the restrictions at the first signs of positive results from the restrictions. It’s mind-boggling.

11 Likes

The government is still spending a lot of money compensating bars and restaurants that have locked down or reduced hours of operation, and I think that they are putting a lot of stock in the vaccines with close to 60% of the population now vaccinated and that rate going up by a few percent with each passing week, but I do agree that another few weeks of restrictions in the Tokyo and Osaka metro areas wouldn’t hurt.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Good riddance to them. But to put it in context, that’s 1-2%, maybe, so 98% or more are or will be vaccinated. I think the reporting on these things is really amplifying the caterwauling minority.
And there’s this:

A state police spokesperson told the Associated Press that no resignations had been received Friday.

11 Likes

To be honest I deliberately didn’t link to that video the other week. His family weren’t very happy with the whole thing. Covidiot protestors were at his funeral yesterday and told to leave.

I am very hopeful that the protestors will see criminal prosecution and that this will kick the government’s arse to pass the safe harbour legislation to protect healthcare providers and their clients. Needless to say this legislation was considered necessary to protect women’s health services and nobody thought acute life care would need it. I hope that this unnecessary death will light the fire for the needful to be done and one good thing will come from this network of fools and thugs.

But here we are.

18 Likes

hugh laurie facepalm GIF

16 Likes

There are signs of improvement! We need to stop that immediately!

24 Likes

And today, new survey data suggests that offering any boosters may deter some unvaccinated from getting their first highly effective COVID-19 vaccine. A total of 71 percent of unvaccinated people said booster doses show the vaccines are not working as well as promised, according to the survey results published Tuesday by the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF).

I do understand where they are going with this, but I fear they are being too credible by far. The unvaxxed at this point are not unvaxxed because they are not certain of the benefits, they are unvaxxed because they are largely unreachable, having made their decision based on political and ideological grounds. They will latch onto any bit of info to justify their illogical prejudice, but they will not change their stance for anything. The booster issue did not convince them against the vaccine. They used the booster issue to justify a position they would hold onto no matter what came down the pike.

25 Likes

Just like FDA approval, this is just more goalpost moving.

18 Likes

Lets Go Reaction GIF

Some will get it after nearly dying or lament not getting it on their deathbed… but not enough of them will get it.

They are fucking us all over.

21 Likes

At this point? Fuck them. They’ll use whatever argument they can to avoid vaccination because it is now part of their identity. If it wasn’t boosters, it would be something else.

I want my booster precisely because of all these unvaccinated idiots who are spreading COVID all over the place. They’re unreachable and no one will ever get them vaccinated. They shouldn’t drag the rest of us down with them.

15 Likes

That’s really what they want to do…

16 Likes

Agreed with the exception that they will drag a lot of folks who can’t be vaccinated, who were vaccinated but had suboptimal response, who need an ICU bed that isn’t there, not to mention the folks they will convince to follow in their stupid footsteps, down with them. If they had a conscience, the guilt would be devastating. As is, I am sure they feel nothing.

22 Likes

There is that, but none of this will get any better if I forgo my booster shot to appease the disease-spreaders. From the personal-action point of view, the best thing I can do for the potential victims of these idiots is to get myself boostered as quickly as possible so that if I do come into contact with a COVIDiot, I don’t get myself sick and don’t pass it along to any of those other folks. I do have a conscience and one of the biggest reasons I’ve been a recluse for the past 561 days is because I don’t want that kind of guilt. The argument of “We can’t possibly offer you a booster because it might dissuade the unvaccinated” is not a good one.

11 Likes

I kind of think that a lot of them are expecting some sort of mad cow effect with the vaccine and that at some random point in the future we’re all just going to start dying as a result of having had the vaccine years prior. Enough of them genuinely seem convinced that the vaccine is harmful without actually being able to point at how, that they must be telling themselves some version of this story. It wouldn’t surprise me if experience with Agent Orange or even asbestos informed some of this thinking.

2 Likes