Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Depends

6 Likes

no, even then it’s still less likely :laughing:

2 Likes

Not at all surprised, but nonetheless disappointed. We seem to be constitutionally incapable of forward thinking and anticipating the next disaster. And once again, we have learned nothing. SMFH.

18 Likes
11 Likes

It makes sense, business-wise. An infected employee can spread it to other employees, so best to cut hazards.

11 Likes

My favorite part of company vaccine mandates is the way all of these conservatives who went on and on and on about how businesses should be allowed to hire, fire, and serve whoever they want are now on the receiving end of that attitude and are losing their goddamn minds over it.

24 Likes

Quite poetic isn’t it?

11 Likes

This asshole

14 Likes

Straight outta Qanon
Crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube
From the gang called
Antivaxxers with an attitude

When I’m called off
I got an infectious cough
Start sneezing
and bodies are hauled off

7 Likes

Yay! Now, the CDC needs to come out with their approval

16 Likes
10 Likes

I’m available.

12 Likes

In the current climate this counts as an important win.

19 Likes

In my area, Democrats took control of the county government last year. The GOP has been pushing back against creation of a health department since the late 1960s…and they are still opposing plans by the new Democratic majority to create one. This is despite the major problems that this caused since the beginning of the pandemic, and the county’s status as the largest in the country without one. GOP/GQP members don’t care about the public being prepared, they just line up treatment options for family/friends and line their own pockets using the misery or death of others. If they can act concerned about government spending and get Democrats to aim lower, they’ll do it - while preventing progress and playing the blame game every chance they get.

23 Likes

Holy shit, I had no idea there were any population centers that still lacked a health department! Of course, I grew up in a town known (in the '70s) for being the largest city in the country without sewage treatment. Yeah, WV proud! (But we did have a health department! :wink:)

22 Likes

Five Million.

source

14 Likes
20 Likes
12 Likes

“ “The US government and the US military deliberately developed the bio weapon [sic] covid 19 aka wuhan virus,” reads another section. “My understanding [sic] this bio weapon development began at Chapel Hill University, NC. And then moved over seas and partnered with the communist. And then turned loose on America and the world. [sic]” (A spokesperson for UNC Chapel Hill did not respond to a request for comment on this long-debunked conspiracy theory.)”

“ Echoing many months’ worth of fact-free far-right panic, the screed also features baffling half-thoughts on Bill Gates’s vaccine advocacy and attempts to equate America’s pandemic response to Nazi policies. Oh, and it includes this gem: “Most politicians, both democrat and republican, judges, legislators, election officials, poll workers, law enforcement, military, the fake news media, INTERNET, newspapers … are guilty of treason! The punishment for treason is death!”

12 Likes
6 Likes