Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

This, as well as other news articles about mix-and-matching Covid vaccines, is pleasant news to me on a personal level, as I got my first shot with AZ, and now got Pfizer for the second.

7 Likes

An article in yesterday’s Nature:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3

I agree with this guy:

At the assembly, Mike Ryan, director of health emergencies at the WHO, asked for less politicization of calls for an origin investigation, which have, in many ways, devolved into accusations.

2 Likes

Any chance she has or had a job in a very different field than medicine? If you tell us what it is, between all of us we can come up with multiple conspiracy theories in her field that you can run by her tomorrow, all with the explanation that you’re ‘just asking questions’ because you’ve ‘heard so many people say’.

10 Likes

She has a CNC and makes tchachkes, cake toppers, engraved cups and such. But she considers herself very well informed. On things. You know, like important stuff! I don’t know, all I have are facts, knowledge and experience. What can that do against strongly held opinions? (/S)

16 Likes

Talking Too Much Blah Blah Blah GIF by PeacockTV

7 Likes

These are actual, documented hazards, but surely they can be used as the jumping-off point for any number of far-fetched rumors and conspiracy theories. Why is Big CNC not warning the public about the toxic chemicals that CNC operators are constantly shedding wherever they go? :wink:

10 Likes

8 Likes

I want one!

5 Likes

THIS. For some reason, people think research funding goes to the researchers. It doesn’t. They might get enough money to buy a Ferrari, but that’s not what they spend it on. They are more likely to spend it on a freezer that keeps a temperature stable to plus/minus 0.01 degrees C.

16 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1017975816/vaccinated-iron-on-patch-biker-style?ref=shop_home_feat_1&frs=1

12 Likes
9 Likes

This sucks.

It’s really odd that the “expected number” covers such a wide range. I wonder exactly how they’re calculating the expected number?

2 Likes

Health experts say finding rare side effects once a vaccine or drug is administered to the general population is common and if myocarditis turns out to be related to the Covid vaccine, the risk is negligible when compared with the risks of being infected with Covid-19.

This will be interesting to see how it plays out. Normally I would want to compare this incidence to historic norms, but given the very high incidence of myocarditis following covid infections in young people (as high as 33% in some studies) I am not sure historical data will be useful. Also would be good to know how many of these guys had had covid prior to the vaccination. No question the antivaxx army will use this to try to shut down vaccination of younger people, but I don’t think we have the data to interpret this yet.

13 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

At one point, a 22-year-old male passenger calls a female flight attendant “a fat gorilla” and hurls a vulgarity at her, according to the video.

““There was absolutely no excuse for it,” Brent Underwood of the band 87&Pine told The Charlotte Observer on Thursday. “It doesn’t matter what you look like. Everybody deserves respect. And everybody deserves to be punished equally for being a rude person like that. Why would you call a person a fat gorilla?”

The plane sat at the Raleigh-Durham airport for three hours.

The plane flight earlier circled Charlotte’s airport for a half-hour before diverting to Raleigh because the plane was low on fuel, Underwood said. The incident was first reported by the fact-checking site Snopes.com.

After the female flight attendant told the 22-year-old male passenger to put a mask on, as required on planes by federal COVID mandates, the passenger hurled the insults at her, Underwood’s video shows.

9 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes
22 Likes

Linus Torvalds tells kernel list poster to ‘SHUT THE HELL UP’ for saying COVID-19 vaccines create ‘new humanoid race’

27 Likes