Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

I meant that post to be funny, but both of us did for realz believe it was due to the vaccination until later that evening.

11 Likes
16 Likes

That shit is terrifying. Their own people are going to die, and they think this is something worth cheering. Damn, this brand of stupid doesn’t just burn, it kills.

22 Likes

Fuck. This. Shit.

That is all.

19 Likes
7 Likes

His guest is a major covidiot as well.

10 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

A lovely thread about masks:

Tl;dr for those who don’t want to read all 75 (or so) posts: wear a mask.

19 Likes

Because advocating for vaccination is obviously not something your chief vaccine officer should be doing. What a bunch of nogoodniks!

17 Likes
12 Likes

While circulating antibodies are not the whole story, as we have discussed preciously, just the easiest to measure, this is certainly not a terribly good indicator. As always, the real indicator is rate of reinfection, but that takes a long time to reach statistical significance. (At least I hope it will!)

18 Likes

Tricia Greenhalgh is great. Her public health advocacy during the pandemic, articles in the BMJ, and meta analyses of interventions have been excellent. She’s a great science communicator. I first became aware of her through Ben “bad science” Goldacre and his recommendation of her “how to read a paper”.

14 Likes

Here it comes, folks. Try to talk anyone you care for into getting vaccinated!!

19 Likes

Schools were already ground zero here. Infections spiked here in the spring when kids went back to in-person school then dropped like a rock at the end of the school year.

What surprises me is that otherwise intelligent people haven’t seen the connection.

16 Likes

Considering how painfully inconvenient the implications would be, I am less surprised.

14 Likes

And even after vaccination, stay careful until the community spread drops.

15 Likes

It’s been reported in several places that Delta seems to hit children harder than the previous versions. Hoped that would not play out here, but here we are…

18 Likes

I keep waiting for the Pfizer EUA to be extended to under 12s before school starts, but that seems to have ground to a halt since the (rare) heart inflammation issue hit the news. Kiddo turns 12 in late fall, and these next 4 months are going to be long ones.

16 Likes