Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

13 Likes

The only sensible thing then is to remove all restrictions and open the schools!

9 Likes

Denying reality unto death and beyond:

14 Likes

It’s an elected office. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

I was unfamiliar with Tyson foods and look them up on Wikipedia. I have to admit the names of Tyson and Donnie King make me think of The Onion. ( I saw that it’s from the Wall Street Journal
)

Seems they are run by Christian fundamentalists, political right-wingers.

7 Likes

Not that this is a shock or anything, but we now have our first breakthrough symptomatic case in my office. Or at least first detected. Child who had covid last year, parents vaccinated, flew to Oregon and became symptomatic shortly after return (so was probably contagious on the airplane and in the airports.) Parents symptomatic as well. Shit.

28 Likes
16 Likes
6 Likes

With a global health policy that hasn’t prioritized vaccination enough, the world is rolling the dice repeatedly. It doesn’t need to be that way. Vaccinating the whole world is achievable and even affordable. One estimate puts the total cost at $50 billion to $70 billion — a pittance compared to the toll of a new surge. Such a global campaign would dramatically reduce the odds of new variants arriving.

Not news, but re-enforcing what is already obvious.

20 Likes

Well, that doesn’t surprise me at all after reading these articles on the company last year:

10 Likes

edit: deleted the link.

9 Likes

Is it so bad to introduce young girls to scientists through toys? :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

I would say no, not at all. Play is preparation for adult life, and playing scientist or researcher is all to the good. But what do I know?

17 Likes

I donÂŽt think it is a bad idea. But I am pretty sure these dolls are collectors items made to be never taken out of the box.

2 Likes

I guess maybe post a song about vapid women undercuts that a bit?

4 Likes

It was just a goofy joke.

I can’t say what the toy manufacturer’s intention was to launch this doll’s little doll. But I always remember that anecdote about Whoppie Goldberg’s reaction to seeing Lieutenant Uhura for the first time on TV.

3 Likes

I’d really very much like women to stop being a punch line one day.

6 Likes

I agree with you entirelly. But I have a love/hate relation with this song. Sorry If I bothered you. It wasnÂŽt my intention.

1 Like
18 Likes

Got to keep 'em separated.

13 Likes