Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Personally, I hope they each step on an entire Lego-Lands’ worth of legos; whole cities made out of those sharp little plastic pieces…

15 Likes

May they always end up in the bathroom stall with only one half square of toilet paper left, and their toothbrushes always smell of ass.

13 Likes

May all their food taste like ashes in their mouths.

11 Likes

And their mouths be permanently riddled with canker sores, and whenever they smell a baby’s head they shall instead smell farts, forevermore!
(This is amazingly cathartic!)

14 Likes

So sad:

16 Likes

Hold up though, is that a thing? :confused:

6 Likes
6 Likes

The aroma of newborn/infants’ heads?

Yes, it’s true that for many people that’s a lovely smell…

10 Likes

That is amazingly fast. I usually had to wait around 10 hours.

7 Likes

It’s not A thing, it’s THE BEST thing.

I had no idea. So it’s an asparagus thing? It is such an intense joy for me that the idea that some people can’t experience it makes me sad.

7 Likes

I don’t blame him. Anti-vaxxers are a blight.

9 Likes

I love that his advice is equally as pragmatic as it is acidicly snarky:

“Literally prepare to die.”

11 Likes

News from Germany: Christian Karagiannidis, head of the DGIIN, said in an interview that in North Rhine-Westphalia, 12-13 % of all Covid-19 patients in clinics are vaccinated (“haben Impfschutz”). In ICUs, the percentage is in lower single-digit numbers. Patients needing ICU treatment despite being vaccinated are, for example, inmuo-compromised due to specific medication.

He estimates that these numbers are typical for the whole of Germany.

Two types of headlines coming out of this one interview. One, “One in ten COVID patients sick despite being vaccinated”. Two, "Majority of COVID patients unvaccinated ".

Sidenote: the ICU register currently does not cover vaccination status, but will in the future.

11 Likes

Is that with Astra-Zeneca? Or are multiple vaccines being used in Germany?

2 Likes

New Delta variant found in Sweden

A new Delta variant of the coronavirus has been discovered in Uppsala, the first time it has been detected in Sweden, according to regional newspaper Upsala Nya Tidning.

Eight people have caught the Delta variant with the mutation E484Q. Two of the infected people were fully vaccinated but none of them got so ill that they needed to seek hospital care, the TT news agency quotes Upsala Nya Tidning as writing.

They are believed to have caught the infection during travels to Spain and Portugal, and passed it on to at least one person in Sweden. Only around 400 cases of this particular variant have been confirmed around the world but they are likely more, writes TT.

13 Likes

Tampere first in global Covid drug trial

A Tampere University Hospital (TAYS) patient was the first in the world to enter the second stage of trials of new coronavirus treatments, writes Pirkanmaa local Aamulehti.

The patient, who joined the trial in early August, has since been joined by over a dozen more from around Finland, said Jarno Rutanen, principal investigator on the WHO Solidarity drug trial at TAYS.

Two drugs, one used to treat leukaemia and the other, infliximab, for rheumatoid arthritis, are the subject of the global trial, Aamulehti writes.

“During the pandemic, it has been observed that rheumatoid patients with Covid-19 who have taken infliximab before becoming ill have had less severe disease than those who have not had this treatment,” Rutanen told the paper.

Coronavirus patients hospitalised at TAYS will be able to opt in to the trial, Aamulehti writes. A computer model will randomly select which of the two drugs, infliximab or leukaemia treatment imatinib, they will receive on top of the standard measures.

8 Likes

Babies have special pheromones.

10 Likes

That being TX, I expect her to be investigated and charged if she was unvaxxed. I mean, that’s how this works, right?

11 Likes

This is a bad day for me to see an article like this

:exploding_head:

23 Likes

I don’t agree with this doctor’s decision (doesn’t it violate the Hippocratic Oath?) but I can completely understand the frustration behind it.

16 Likes