Kentucky reports 163 coronavirus cases, including “coronavirus party” attendee

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/24/kentucky-reports-163-coronavir.html

2 Likes

6 Likes

Alex, I’ll take 'What is a Coronavirus Party?" for $200, please.

Is that like a pox party where parents deliberately put uninfected kids together with kids who already have chickenpox?

12 Likes

JACKASS #1: Hey bro, I thought you said you’d be bringing beer to the party.
JACKASS #2: Naw man, I said I’d be bringing the Corona!
JACKASS #1: Ha ha!

[ALL DIE]

31 Likes

That’s what it sounds like. Probably something to do with MAGAts beliving the Fox “news” talking heads that it’s no worse than the flu, etc. Hard to say without more info, but this is from the state that’s been gullible enough to inflict #MoscowMitch on the country, so that wouldn’t surprise me.

10 Likes

From the headline, I assumed it was, and I thought, “Only one?”.

1 Like

I’m running low on empathy today, tomorrow, and possibly all next week.

15 Likes

You aren’t the only one.

I think I’ll conserve and empathize with the people that just went to work. Or the animal shelters deemed non-essential so they need to find homes for every single animal by end of day or euthanize.

10 Likes

My general rule of thumb is that politicians are responsible for what happens on their watch from day one, no excuses, end of story. If your inauguration is interrupted by a giant meteor killing half the planet, you don’t get to complain about how the job description doesn’t cover meteors.

That said, yeah, people drawing up pandemic response plans might be forgiven for not guessing that people would go full bug-chaser on them.

4 Likes

As long as Prospero is there and they weld the doors shut…

3 Likes

why isn’t the newsmedia at hospitals?

the stories are horrifying, and what’s with the red eye symptoms not being reported elsewhere?

this is CNN so it’s not likely something made up

3 Likes

Ah, humanity. We had a good run.

1 Like
3 Likes

Ain’t no party like a coronavirus party 'cause a coronavirus party don’t stop.

3 Likes

When sex offenders are required to register their locations with the authorities, it’s not supposed to be punative, it’s so the community can stay safe.

Likewise, if the authorites were to publish the names and faces of all 50 attendees of this “corona party”, it would be purely in serving the public interest.

6 Likes

Go to stupid parties, get stupid door prizes.

2 Likes

That’s the one the Kentucky Governer was losing his mind over a group of 20 somethings having this party. No babies involved. I saw it in the OZY Presidential Brief newsletter I subscribe to.

Between things like this and Liberty University, I’m in favor of natural selection here.

1 Like

Oh, no!!! That’s so sad. Ours can stay open but has restricted visitors. I think we can still go by appointment, if we’re looking to adopt, and volunteers are still going. I hope they tally all the avoidable animal deaths in their reckoning when we’re on the other side of this thing. :frowning:

My wife does volunteer work with one of the local shelters. They cleared out 40 dogs in a day. 17 of which went home with the shelter director who has a “no pets lease” but the landlord has waived that clause. We would have taken some but had just recently adopted a puppy who can’t be fully vaccinated yet.

1 Like