MD cops say sex offender refused to shut down 60-person coronavirus bonfire

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/29/md-cops-say-sex-offender-refus.html

2 Likes

It’s strange because from the mugshot he looks like a fellow who would make excellent decisions.

33 Likes
14 Likes

I can’t help but wonder - does he have any redeeming features?

Christ, what an asshole.

19 Likes

I keep seeing the term “coronavirus party”
Is this just a party that breaks protocol or is this some kind of “thing”?

10 Likes

It’s a thing. Some RW personalities decided to promote the idea of “coronavirus parties” like “chickenpox parties” where people go, get infected and get it over with.

The true-believers ate it up. And all of us pay for it.

41 Likes

:angry: :angry: :hot_face:

11 Likes

Oh honey; wearing a blue merkin on your head is not a good look. Aside from anything else.

22 Likes

Well, that is one way to break a lease… /s

But still, if infected, he can still have his coronavirus party while in custody (unless he is placed into a secure quarantine section.)

10 Likes

If they’re so dead set on sharing the virus, all 60 of them should share the same cell in custody, isolated from the rest of society. And the same ventilator, since they think it’s no big deal.

12 Likes

Isn’t lighting 60 people on fire a more severe crime than refusing to abide the shutdown order?

15 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

I feel coronavirus deniers would be the same people who would hide their zombie bite.

29 Likes

Let me find the local article about a party at this time. Did not end as well but no corona virus spreading.

Edit:

3 Likes

I feel like anyone caught at one of these parties needs some sort of semi-permanent tattoo that’ll last for like four weeks, so that if they end up at a hospital with the virus, they can get put at the back of the line for treatment.

16 Likes

Inglorious Basterds-style.

4 Likes

He should start wearing a fedora instead.

4 Likes

That’s how I read the headline, too. Now let’s just hope that does not start becoming a thing as morgues fill up :frowning: :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

I thought coronavirus parties were more like hurricane parties. Laugh-in-the-face-of-danger kind of things. Especially in the sense that people believe the danger is overblown or nonexistent.

Are we likely to see litigation on whether these emergency orders conflict with our Constitutional right to freedom of assembly?

5 Likes

“Poor impulse control” tattooed on his forehead…

8 Likes