Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

More on the lead-up to and end of zero-Covid at Foxconn in Zhengzhou.

10 Likes

I am so glad she’s on the committee getting to the bottom of this. She has access to really good sources.

4 Likes

SSDD

What you should assume, though, is that being vaccinated or having been previously infected with the SARS-CoV-2 will not give you 100% protection. They’re not like being U.S. when it comes to civil litigation. You don’t have full immunity. You can still get infected with the SARS-CoV-2, suffer severe Covid-19, and pass the virus to others. It’s just that the chances of some of these things happening may be significantly lower when you’ve been vaccinated or previously exposed. That’s why it’s still important to maintain other Covid-19 precautions such as wearing face masks while indoors in public locations and maintaining good ventilation and air filtration.

Warning, article contains earworm.

12 Likes

Waaaah?? Crazy talk, man! The pandemic is so OVER

At least, that’s pretty much what just about everyone in my city seems to think now, whenever i put on a mask and venture out. Even a doctor I saw during an appointment the other day wasn’t wearing one. :confused:

14 Likes

COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review | CDC

10 Likes

Cross post and :crossed_fingers:t4::

14 Likes

Cross post

14 Likes

We’re watching the State of the Union, I guess covid is really is over. I saw one mask on a photographer.

Packed house lots of hugging, kissing, and hand shaking.

That stuff creeped me out before covid and now it just gives me the willies.

Oh well.

No wait, Bernie has a mask on.

9 Likes

North Dakota wants to ban vaccine mandates. Okay, maybe that’s debatable but this?

The second bill is Senate Bill 2384, which would prohibit anyone from administering mRNA vaccines in North Dakota. Proponents say more research needs to be done.

9 Likes

QAnon Anonymous Episode 218: Died Suddenly feat Dr. Dan Wilson

We explore claims the COVID vaccine is causing mass death and overwhelming cases of Myocarditis — as many anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists believe. Our guest is molecular biologist Dr. Dan Wilson, aka Debunk the Funk on Youtube. We also briefly discuss the Paul Pelosi hammer incident in light of recently released footage of the assault by David DePape.

8 Likes

Great (not) message sent out by all those people at the SOTU speech last night, all that maskless schmoozing. Only person I saw wearing one was Bernie Sanders.

Look folks, we finished this thing, the pandemic is over. Look it up! :pensive:

11 Likes

Confirmed-- he was the only one!

18 Likes

Bernie Sanders Meme GIF by patternbase

20 Likes

5 Likes
8 Likes

Not ivermectin, but interferones!

1 Like

This was done using the genetic engineering tool known as Crispr, which allowed them to turn on all genes in the human genome, then look to see which of those genes give human cells the ability to bind to the Sars-CoV-2 spike protein. … “The fact that there’s this natural immune receptor that we didn’t know about, that’s lining our lungs and blocks and controls virus – that’s crazy interesting.”

:thinking: The part of me going “zOMG they CRISPR’ed people genes!” also hopes their delight in the process is simply the current geeky norm for geneticists.

The paper:

9 Likes

Those COVID payments, rental assistance and loan forgivenesses really helped people.

17 Likes
14 Likes

WTF!?! I mean, masking in all patient care settings is simply a smart policy, even if COVID was well and truly gone. Gah, so dumb.

17 Likes