Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

COVID-19 increases risk of developing Alzheimer’s in older adults within one year by 80%

18 Likes
12 Likes

/r/news itself is fine, just stay off the front page

2 Likes

11 Likes

Imagining COVID is ‘like the flu’ is cutting thousands of lives short. It’s time to wake up

Omicron has evolved faster than the tools we are using to combat it.

18 Likes

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

12 Likes

Imagining COVID is ‘like the flu’

Now the politicians at Public Health Ontario have lumped COVID and Influenza together on our only remaining, updated bi-weekly, data source.

That data source now has the summer numbers for Ontario :canada:. Over the 14 weeks from the end of may to the start of September, deaths were

• 333 in 2020
  • 423 in 2021
  • 853 in 2022

Wow, double last year. :persevere:

12 Likes

I have no idea who these people are but it’s an interesting story.

8 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes
13 Likes

Biden:

"The pandemic is over… We still have a problem with Covid. We’re still doing a lot of work on it … but the pandemic is over. if you notice, no one’s wearing masks. Everybody seems to be in pretty good shape. And so I think it’s changing.”

6 Likes

Good to know that I’m no one… :+1: Thanks Dark Brandon.

16 Likes

trailer boys GIF

So fucking sick of this crap. The pandemic is not over. The government is not “doing a lot of work on it”. If anything the government is scaling back efforts to help people preferring to shrug and tell people to figure it out for themselves.

I fucking hate this timeline.

18 Likes

Don’t worry, Marge knows what to do.

6 Likes

Is the gym always that empty?

I guess when you have no committee work you have the gym all to yourself.

18 Likes

Or when you have Empty Gee’s personality?

13 Likes

I guess if that means providing gym memberships to everyone, free child care and a living wage so people can afford time to exercise, and minimum free check ups and preventative medicine, sounds good to me!
But I somehow doubt that’s at all what she means…

18 Likes

She’s just trying to grift again. Getting Congress to send money to gym owners, like herself. Though I think she sold hers.

11 Likes

Well, her soul was sold off pretty quickly, that’s for sure.

12 Likes