Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

Costco has a pharmacy, which by legal definition must have appropriate medical personnel staffing it.

ETA: Dammit, I need to run a bar tab for you, @DukeTrout!

14 Likes

it is strange though. my provider has their own pharmacies, their own phlebotomists ( not to mention optometrists and dentists. ) and i canā€™t go to them for this.

meanwhile, if i get hit by a car and rushed to some random hospital itā€™s out of network costs for each pair of gloves the staff uses during my stay

itā€™s odd. and definitely contributing to the slow uptake

10 Likes

My provider- who is at a large health center- the center was only approved for certain vaccines by the Feds. Others he had to send me to CVS.

10 Likes

I havenā€™t stepped foot in a Costco since the pandemic started, although now that the pandemic is over I should go back and get one of those monster pizza slices, butā€¦

At our Meijer there is a small room where the pharmacist administers the vaccine.

My primary care doctor would prefer I come to him for all my vaccination needs so he can bill someone but the convenience of Meijer canā€™t be beat. If Iā€™m in his office when I need a flu shot Iā€™ll let him, but if he thinks Iā€™m making an appointment just for a vaccination, which would also cost me my copay for an office visit, heā€™s nuts.

5 Likes

I canā€™t get an appt with my regular provider. I dunno if they are just booked solid or have that much less availability.
So I have an appt at CVS. Which is working out better because I was able to wrangle my spouse in for an appointment too. Heā€™s all for vaccinations but there is a high likelihood he would forget unless I nagged. I hate nagging.

14 Likes

19 Likes
16 Likes

Do they have the same thing at Walmart?

I wonder whatā€™s the most comprehensive company-town store, where we could just park our RVā€™s in front and never go anywhere else :thinking:

7 Likes

I know. I want one of those so badā€¦especially in an electric version.

10 Likes

Once again, it looks like those of you in the US are going to get a head start on the rest of us . Weā€™re gradually rolling out boosters here, but theyā€™re only available to high-risk groups at the moment. Same with this yearā€™s flu vaccine as well, but those of us outside the high risk groups can pay to opt in.

7 Likes

One of my closest friends got it recently and has been suffering inflammation-related injuries since. She missed a week of work from the actual COVID, (fully vaxxed, 41, otherwise healthy), went back to work and immediately got a foot injury traced back to inflamed tendons or some such and had to miss another week. These after effects are a huge part of what makes me so frustrated at people treating it like itā€™s ā€œjust a bad cold.ā€
Maybe for some, but thereā€™s no telling.

14 Likes

I think Uncle Joe is thinking mostly about Hooterville, and is trying to drum up customers for the Shady Rest Hotel. :frowning:

3 Likes

Iā€™m in a similar situation - I got my second booster toward the end of July because we were going to visit our new grandson in August. I just became eligible for the updated booster, and have an appointment next week. Iā€™m planning on getting the flu shot at the same time if I can.

7 Likes

What?

Whatā€™s Hooterville?

5 Likes

Got the booster on Friday. Aside from a sore shoulder, I had no bad side effects. My wife said she felt like she was coming down with something last night and went to bed early. She also has a skin reaction at the injection site that itches.

I have a friend who is flying to Vegas in a week. I suggested he get the booster before he goes, but he says it wonā€™t be effective for 2 weeks anyway, and heā€™ll already be home. He also skipped the last booster. Heā€™s got this idea that since he hasnā€™t gotten it so far, he must be immune. Especially because when he flew home from Seattle a month ago, he didnā€™t even bother wearing a mask on the plane back home.

I almost think he secretly wants to get it for reasons I canā€™t figure out.

9 Likes

Thanks for the viddie, but i still donā€™t get how Biden is supposedly thinking about that place when he says the pandemic is over. :confused:

3 Likes

I was going to post pictures of some cargo hauled by bikes in Kolkata, India some years ago. But then I recalled most of them were 3-wheeled ā€œfish cartā€ bikes, so it wouldnā€™t be fair.

The best was a bike loaded with eggs. Lots of eggs. I think I calculated how many, but I forget now. Lots.

tricycle-heavy-load-eggs

3 Likes

Dozens and dozens. And dozens!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the apartment complex where all the waitstaff from misogynistic crap restaurants live, silly!

4 Likes

Hooterville is the fictional town where Petticoat Junction and Green Acres took place, I think. Undisclosed state somewhere in rural America.

A quaint fantasy land that was backward and old fashioned even in the late 60s when it was portrayed.

Not sure what it has to do with Biden. :person_shrugging:

1 Like