Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

Tiffany Haddish Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

Mmmm, the sweet, sweet taste of unleaded.

7 Likes

Marge is having a conspiracyfest today.

Biss, an obstetrician gynecologist, testified that women were especially adversely affected by the vaccines, even if they themselves did not receive it.

ā€œThere were definitely changes in womenā€™s menstrual cycles and also in post-menopausal patients,ā€ Biss said. ā€œNot all these women had been vaccinated, but they had been around other people who had been vaccinated, isnā€™t that interesting?ā€

3 Likes

Shut The Fuck Up GIF

That woman would die if not for clicks. I am convinced she is some sort of mutated click-o-vore.

10 Likes

She should refuse all medical care going forward. Theyā€™re all in on the conspiracy!

12 Likes

I think I found a doctor for Marge to subpoena.

A 70 year old friend said their heart doctor told them not to get the vaccine because people are having heart attacks from the shot.

Sorry about the Marge stuff but whole else am I going to vent to that understands?

Every time she posts this crap someone reminds her she was in favor of vaccines until she wasnā€™t.

7 Likes

directly contracts the science

bang head on desk GIF

7 Likes

WTF? Saw someone with a mask in the parking lot of the grocery store head in, and take it off as they were going in. Why even bother?

Unrelated:

6 Likes
15 Likes

https://archive.ph/yIlIe

9 Likes

Seeing an increasing number of kids with long-standing fatigue and school performance decline, many of whom deny having had covid, but their covid titers are very positive. I canā€™t claim any correlation between height of titer levels and long covid symptoms (sample size way too small), but it does make me wonder.

12 Likes

I believe it. Iā€™ve been struggling with brain fog since I first got Covid last year. I already had some issues with memory and concentration due to my neurospicy brain, but itā€™s like my ADHD got dialed to 11 by the virus. It sucks.

8 Likes

I did both, that was a rough week afterwards.

6 Likes

A weird thing happened to me. I canā€™t say for sure if itā€™s related to my vaccinations or not.

As I mentioned earlier, I got three vaccinations on October 11ā€”the new COVID-19, senior flu, and RSV. I had soreness in both arms, slept more than usual the first night, felt blah and unmotivated the next day, and then back to my usual self on the third day.

Except thatā€”beginning on that third dayā€”Iā€™ve actually felt better than I have in several years!

I was sick in the Fall of 2020, and based on symptoms I think it was likely COVID-19 (I didnā€™t get tested). And since then Iā€™d felt draggy. But I wasnā€™t sure if the dragginess actually started with my suspected-COVID-19 illness, or if it was just from old age coming on (Iā€™m 68 now). Anyway, I had come to think that that was just the way life would be from now on. But since getting those three vaccinations last month Iā€™ve had more energy and motivation, and physically Iā€™m not so tired. And even when Iā€™m really short on sleep, I still feel surprisingly good. Itā€™s not like Iā€™m a different person or anything, but everything is easier to do, plus my brain seems more clear.

Iā€™ve read that the virus can linger in the gut, and I canā€™t help wondering if there was some lingering virus in me that the vaccines kicked my body into finally overcoming. (If so, though, why didnā€™t my earlier COVID-19 vax/boosters do it? Could it be because this time I had three different kinds of vaccinations all at once, which I donā€™t recall ever having done before?) Or is it all just a weird coincidence??? I guess Iā€™ll never know, but Iā€™m happy to be feeling better than I was.

13 Likes

Going back a ways, one of the things being thrown around was that folks suffering from long covid seemed to improve following a covid vaccination. Have not seen a lot written about it lately, but it was certainly in the air 2021-22ish.

15 Likes

Analysis: COVID-19 vaccine boosters are the best defence: Older adults shouldnā€™t rely on previous infection for immunity

Our research group has been studying vaccinated older adults in long-term care and retirement homes throughout the pandemic, and our recent findings have jolted us.

We found that those who had battled the BA.1-2 variant of Omicron in early 2022 had a 30-fold higher risk of contracting the BA.5 variant later in the year. That was exactly the opposite of what we, or anyone, would have predicted.

This new knowledge is critically important, not just to other older adults, but to all of us.

Does this surprising twist apply to the broader population? Possibly, but until we know how infections work to increase susceptibility to reinfection, we canā€™t know if this susceptibility is specific to older adults. Does it apply to other variants, including the newest ones in circulation? Thatā€™s unclear.

What the findings do tell us is that older adults who have had a previous COVID-19 infection shouldnā€™t rely on that to protect them against reinfection this fall. To protect against severe illness, keeping booster shots up to date is recommended. . . . the virus is still developing new ways to elude our immune systems.

13 Likes

Good analysis, but also

colin jost snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes
5 Likes

Huh? This was already obvious to you?

We found that those who had battled the BA.1-2 variant of Omicron in early 2022 had a 30-fold higher risk of contracting the BA.5 variant later in the year. That was exactly the opposite of what we, or anyone, would have predicted.

2 Likes