Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

I dunno. I feel like we’d be cheering them on if this were in service to anti-fascism or anti-racism.

7 Likes

Cheering on your examples for “civil disobedience” doesn’t mean failing to acknowledge that they’re breaking laws.

Surely there’s a difference between cheering on those who do so righteously, and condeming those who do so for shit reasons.

10 Likes

If it were lefty demonstrators- they’d have been tear-gassed, clubbed & arrested long ago.

16 Likes

They are tired of vaccine cards and public health mandates and want them dropped, damn the consequences.

12 Likes

Thank you for the good/convincing explainer! :smirk:

I guess it really isnt any more complicated than that.

7 Likes

“Thank you for your reservation. Will you be needing one ventilator or two?”

11 Likes

I really like the tack that French farmers took with their truckloads of manure, tho.

10 Likes

A good use of shit for a not-shit reason.

10 Likes

Things are going down soon.

15 Likes

the consequences should be “get the hell out and don’t let the door hit you on your ass on your way out.”

90+% of all the truckers in canada are vaccinated and these fuckers should just get bent.i realize that i’m not trying to stay in office but still . . .

12 Likes

Everyone I point that out to says it’s not about trucker vaccinations.

It’s about not forcing the vaccine on everyone and whatever mandates they have in Canada for everyone.

In other words these truckers (and it is a small amount no matter what their supporters try and say) have decided they are the ones who are going to save Canada. Problem is the vaccination rate in Canada is over 80% so they are definitely not speaking for the majority.

I also can’t help but notice they are being cheered on form people in the comfort of their home. These people calling the truckers heroes are no where near the “front lines” with their heroes.

Once again the anti maskers and anti vaxxers will do nothing, even in support of their own cause.

The whole thing is absurd.

4 Likes

64x5kl

20 Likes
9 Likes

Well, be careful who you applaud. French (and German) farmers are behind some of the largest problems the EU has. It is, after all, a common market idea which is behind the whole unification thing.

And, FTR:

3 Likes

No, only the tactic because – hopefully – the manure wasn’t stolen.

3 Likes

Where have I seen all this before :thinking:

… predicted big rigs blockading highways would be used to create a political crisis

… written before the pandemic, so they guessed wrong about which kind of natural disaster would offer an opening for opportunistic CHUDs

8 Likes

that’s just the excuse. right wing tactics involve generating controversy to swing money, publicity, and votes in their direction. these i think are exactly the same individuals involved in actions against women’s rights, attacks political and otherwise on lgbt rights, burning books, etc.

so it’s not really about vaccines, it’s about power. slowing down trade, helping to spur more inflation: those are strong tactics against current leadership in both countries

heather cox richardson points out we did something similar in chile in the 70s

Among those heavily subsidized, the sources said, were the organizers of a nationwide truck strike that lasted 26 days in the fall of 1972, seriously disrupting Chile’s economy and provoking the first of a series of labor crises for President Allende.

right? just look at standing rock, or in canada any similar protests by indigenous people against tar sands. can’t stop that oil

16 Likes

They’re going home, like good like boys.

11 Likes

Hmmph. And here I thought we’d get to see the truckers fighting back by chucking frozen turkeys at the cops.

8 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

lady gaga applause GIF

Probably not, but I’m also guessing that there are deeper reasons, including the continued right wing, libertarian drive to completely dismantle any and all progressive gains made since the 19th century.

13 Likes