Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

8 Likes

Yikes. Do they have warnings for Norovirus and Legionella? Because maybe they should…

11 Likes
22 Likes

Well, the publication definitely matches the content of the story! :weary:

Yo-Yo GIF by MIT

5 Likes

At first I wondered why Forbes would publish a story about CDC warnings about picking up sex partners in bars. :flushed:

14 Likes

There have got to be better bars to hang out in than where their crew goes.

9 Likes

At first I thought it was a post in the “Motors” thread.

GIF by Slightly Stoopid

7 Likes

I feel like when I was young “cruising” meant something else :thinking:

9 Likes

Thanks for that.

Nice to hear from an impartial source that I’m not crazy for continuing to be cautious :roll_eyes:.

6 Likes

Ooh, do a study on the effectiveness of thoughts and prayers next.

13 Likes

Maybe we shouldn’t have such a weird cobbled together system?

17 Likes

Oh, honey, it’s happening right now, before our eyes. It may be a little bit before it becomes apparent to those outside the biz, but what is left is a shell of what we were, and what we were wasn’t all that great anyway.

17 Likes

“Basically, we’re in either a resurgence, a sixth wave, or as I like to say, the ‘throw-caution-to-the-wind’ wave,” said Dr. Peter Jüni, epidemiologist and scientific director of the science table.

:slightly_frowning_face:

18 Likes

That is both not good and utterly predictable. I hate it alot.

20 Likes

We will most likely all be putting our lives in the hands of speed addicts soon.

7 Likes

Narrator: “It was the ‘throw-caution-to-the-wind’ wave.”

10 Likes

The study, led by Harvard immunologist and virologist Galit Alter, identified the differences by comparing the antibody profiles of 28 people vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine and 45 people vaccinated with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. The numbers were small, and the participants were largely healthy young female medical workers, which is not representative of the overall population. The study also didn’t look at immune responses over time. Instead, the researchers looked at antibody profiles about a month after each participant received a second vaccine dose.

Interesting findings, population too limited to draw broad conclusions, but interesting nonetheless. The dreaded concluding statement of most studies: “Further study is required.”

22 Likes

No symptoms yet - vaxed and boosted.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Great to hear, as I’ve just signed myself up for my second booster, this time Moderna. When I got my first booster (I was in the early group), they were still saying to keep to the same brand, so my first three were all Pfizer.

Give Indiana credit where it’s due: their public health department has done a great job since day one, despite the fact that a large percentage of residents in the state have been total selfish jerks. I got a text letting me know I could get the second booster, and providing a quick link to set up the appointment. Could have done it for the same day, except it didn’t work for my schedule.

17 Likes