Control your dog's shedding and keep them comfortable with this onesie

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/29/control-your-dogs-shedding-a.html

1 Like

I always thought one of the great things about being a dog was that nobody could force you to wear pants.

23 Likes
5 Likes

Holy crap! $33. I’m pretty sure it would not treat but rather give my dog anxiety if I were to dress him in people clothes.

5 Likes

It doesn’t come in Giant 150+ lbs

1 Like

Seems like that trademark is getting pretty well eroded and is on its way to genericide

3 Likes

Shave your dog. Or get a hairless dog, or at least a non-shedding dog.

2 Likes

I can’t tell if this is BoingBoing making fun of a post about a ridiculous product, or a post about a ridiculous product.

3 Likes

That bit about “reduce their anxiety” struck me a weird too. Do dogs wander around worrying about not wearing clothes? If people think this, I’m sure I could sell them a psychically empowered dog collar (with a dog appropriate birth stone crystal) to ward off these feeling of canine inferiority.

“I’m wearing a coat! A coat of mud!”

8 Likes

I’m expecting the boing store to recommend canine essential oils to me now that I clicked on that onesie’s link. They better be bacon grease!

3 Likes

Sadly, its them trying to sell you a ridiculous product. It’s sold on their store.

1 Like

Humans! “Control” the animals and their hair!

1 Like

Hair sticks around, but luckily not forever. Read once that if hair didn’t break down, the land would be covered by a foot of hair. That number might be pure BS, but still makes you wonder … and a bit grateful.

1 Like

There is another product called Thunder Shirt that some owners put on their dogs who are scared of loud unpredictable noises like thunder and fireworks. It wraps the dog tightly and the idea is that it’s like a constant hug that has a counteractive calming effect.

I assume that is the situation specific calming that this product is referring to.

/I own a Thundershirt for my dog. It worked a little for a bit but I have heard anecdotal stories that others have much better results.

3 Likes

Interesting. There’s a free product called “my shirt” that I pull from the laundry hamper and leave with my clingy cat to reduce her separation anxiety. :smiley_cat: She goes crazy if something constantly rubs her fur - probably seems too much like the “cone of shame.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.