Convicted christian con artist Jim Bakker now just literally selling buckets of Bibles on TV

[Read the post]

Just wait until he brings his friend out to help sell buckets full of refried beans

6 Likes

Oi, we just did this three months ago.

But I guess this is funnier in some regards. Might as well link to this again too.

4 Likes

Guess you need some proper reading material for all the time on the throne you spend after eating the potato soup.

6 Likes

First thing I thought of was the Bucket of Truth: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/79vh0s/upright-citizens-brigade-bucket-of-truth

3 Likes

He’s really sold me on that potato soup. I bet he doesn’t ship to New Zealand. I’m sure we wouldn’t have enough of his kind of people to bother selling it to us.

2 Likes

Thank you BB for today’s lesson in irony.

1 Like

Awesome as I sit here and fart!

Hey now, Kim Davis said God was on there already, wait your turn!

4 Likes

Just have to point out that as bulk servings of potatoes go, 323 servings for $160 before shipping is robbery even counting the (spoiled) milk included in the bucket.

Having fed large numbers on a shoestring budget, I gotta laugh.

6 Likes

Let’s see. That’s $0.495 per serving. A can of progresso soup around here at retail is five for four dollars, two servings each.

Dehydrated taters on my first Google search are $0.23/serving, retail. Could probably get that closer to $0.15 if one actually tried.

The only thing I’ll eat out of a bucket is home brew.

5 Likes

I have never wished that I could be rich enough to blow $1275 on a whim before, but now I have. That drum o’ lube and one of those smallish inflatable pools! Whee!

Also, I thought this was a total joke/mockery of the potato soup buckets until I clicked through to the site. On a practical level why the F would you put books into a bucket rather than some sort of box? Is there some rule that everything sold has to come in a bucket? Can I buy a bucket of pink necco wafers from them?

4 Likes

Can I just get a biblical Happy Meal?

Really?

4 Likes

I wonder if they taste better than that potato soup.

4 Likes

[quote=“Bobo, post:12, topic:68566”]I have never wished that I could be rich enough to blow $1275 on a whim before, but now I have. That drum o’ lube and one of those smallish inflatable pools! Whee![/quote]For the same price you could fill that inflatable pool with six hundred BIBLES! From buckets!

… It probably wouldn’t be as much fun.

2 Likes

I was going to say something similar…if you are stuck in your doomsday shelter eating his soup at least now you have another bucket and a whole bunch of paper. eat. sit. wipe. repeat.

pool…don’t you mean slip’n’slide? :slight_smile: you could get some high speeds if you used lube on one of those.

3 Likes

It’s what Jamie and Adam used in Mythbusters for this:

Although I’m pretty sure that Jamie referred to it specifically as “animal birthing agent.” Way to make it incredibly unsexy Jamie. Your legacy is intact.

5 Likes

Ah an agent of F.A.R.M. This is agent MacDonald authorization E-I-E-I-O…we have a fox in the hen house, i repeat, we have a fox in the hen house.

5 Likes

My theory is he has pallets of unused buckets from his failed bucket-o-slop biz and pallets of bibles from his failed convert-the-suckers biz, and has with great wisdom combined 2 bad business ventures into one super mega venture. And there’s just something real 'merican sounding about getting a bucket of Jesus sent to you.

4 Likes