Cookie Monster's cookies aren't cookies after all—they're painted rice cakes!

Originally published at: Cookie Monster's cookies aren't cookies after all—they're painted rice cakes! | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I feel cheated.

9 Likes

R is for Rice Cake, that’s good enough for me!

Cry Crying GIF by POWERS

17 Likes

They usually didn’t look much like cookies once Cookie Monster got ahold of them. That’s not the way a cookie crumbles.

Who could ever forget our whimsical neighbors down at 123 Sesame Street? …
the numbers-obsessed Count…

I went decades without realizing that vampire folklore includes such tricks as scattering seeds in front of them, because people didn’t understand it as a compulsion, so of course they made the counting muppet a vampire.

11 Likes

Cookie Monster Cookies GIF by Storyful

I still love him.

19 Likes

Rice cakes are a sometimes food.

13 Likes

Sure, if the choice is starve to death or eat a rice cake…

Pretty sure they’re packing material and it’s all a prank that’s gotten out of hand.

9 Likes

They’re pretty good with peanut butter, but I’ll admit the reference is a bit of a deep cut.

Thanks (Michelle) Obama!

8 Likes

I guess I’m the lone weird that actually likes a rice cake… It’s not a cookie, but it’s a nice filling snack when I’m trying to pretend to eat healthy…

13 Likes

Smbc Sometimes

14 Likes

I like rice and I like Marmite but Marmite rice cakes are an abomination.

I Have Spoken GIF by IMDb

Though as long as I don’t have to eat them, I don’t care if people eat them or use them to prop up furniture :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Happy Laugh GIF by Rosanna Pansino

7 Likes

Youre Not Wrong Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

First Styrofoam “peanuts,” and now this! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: When will the madness end? :wink:

6 Likes

frankie shaw agree GIF by Showtime

4 Likes

163077293520210905after

3 Likes

Cookies were a somewhat rare treat in my house as a kid. I remember being greatly disturbed as a kid by how wasteful the cookie monster was when he at a cookie, sending crumbs everywhere. Delicious cookie morsels just falling on the flooor!

7 Likes

TIL that there are Marmite rice cakes.

I like these tamari seaweed ones:

I used to eat them at work, with peanut butter :yum:

2 Likes

Presented without comment

7 Likes
5 Likes

You win

Where is Big Bird? Oscar?

Oh beloved Mutants show me happy more!

Please