Cooking (not just dinner)

Fuck me, I want that.

4 Likes

The flavor is spot on, but if I used a white, thicker glaze theyā€™d look better. When you open the box it smells like you are in an orchard.

5 Likes

When can I expect a dozen of these to arrive in my mailbox?

8 Likes

I need to get like two dozen metal rings (not unlike old tuna cans with both sides cut out) so I can make them perfectly round. I also think I should put the candied lemon in the center, as a surprise.

My CEO requested scones for Tuesday with clotted cream. Iā€™m thinking currant scones, clotted cream, fresh butter, and rhubard jam. Is that English enough? (He is from an area around Devon)

5 Likes

It sounds English enough, but be sure and tell him Cornwall is much better than Devon.

6 Likes

Whereā€™s the tea.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t this expected of me? Yeah, I make me own tea bags.

Uploadingā€¦

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve been trying to be a bit healthierā€¦ and for now, that mostly means more green things and less rando refined carbs in my diet.
Breakfast, then, had been a problem, as I tend towards the grain based.
This morning: baby bok choy, halved, seared cut side down in olive oil, then steamed in the same pan (via the thow a bit of water in and slap a cover on the pan method).
Dipping sauce of soy/garlic/chili/sesame/fish.
Could be the new fast gold standard for me.

12 Likes

Wow!!! Yummmmmm

3 Likes

How big? If you really mean tuna cans, then why not use English muffin tins? Otherwise, you could make them in mini cupcake/muffin tins.

Donā€™t forget lemon curd!

2 Likes

sure beats toast and beansā€¦or boiled steak.

2 Likes

OH SHIT I DID!

at least I have lemons

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna make my office so fat

6 Likes

Props to @chgoliz, lemon curd misvhief managed!

That sucker has a stick of butter and a cup of sugar. And five egg yolks. You gained a pound just looking at the picture.

18 Likes

I am a force upon nature itself!

When the scones cool off Iā€™ll take pics, bit they are the opposite of dry, tasteless scones Iā€™m used to. And the curd is justā€¦ Sublime. I thought the curd wouldnā€™t be lemony enough, but its perfect.

I made the currant scones with Devon cream and lemon curd cause my English CEO is showing up, he and I are friends, and I think we will get a kick.

4 Likes

The lemon curd looks awesome. (Donā€™t get me started on lemon curd. The result would probably get me arrested south of the Mason-Dixon line.) Canā€™t wait to see the scone pictures.

3 Likes

Me, I canā€™t wait to see the scone RECIPE. (hint, hint)

4 Likes

9 Likes

Oh noesā€¦

1 Like