Cooking (not just dinner)

It’s funny, but I knew exactly where you were going when you said machine learning. I actually did a quick overview with Google Earth when I made my original post, just to see if I could spot any of the trees I remembered. (There were spots where the sidewalk would get slick with olive oil.)

Wouldn’t it be great if Google Earth provided data for wavelengths beyond the human visible spectrum?

2 Likes

two words…bear costume. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why not kill two birds with one stone? Be a Yeti for under $60.

2 Likes

Today, it’s hot sauce.

10 Likes

I hope you don’t mind me saying… that’s one scary-looking collection of ingredients! :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

The bottles usually last a long time. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Drink a shot, scream from the burning pain. Take another shot… repeat until unconscious. Then tomorrow morning remember the burn from the other direction.

The rum actually makes the capsaicin spread rather quickly. The jar in the middle is dried habaneros smoked over mesquite. I seed the fresh habs, mix everything together in a food processor, then age for 3 months. Most foods are well flavored with only a few drops.

5 Likes

Probably more efficient… I buy Frank’s Hot Sauce in the five-liter jug!

1 Like

I like Frank’s for wings, barbecue and such. This is a different animal, with a different flavor.

4 Likes

For a moment I read ‘Bacardi 101’ from the bottle. That did not seem right :wink:
Impressive look of habanero’s, scary… But somehow it waters my mouth.

3 Likes

I remove the seeds from the fresh ones, but leave them in from the dried, smoked ones. Mixed in ~ 30 to 1 ratio.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks. I did a ninja edit remembering what I’ve read above, sorry. Although knowing the ratio is interesting, brrr
Give these smoked ones a tawny and/or smoked taste? Never thought about that before.

1 Like

The smoke is part of the flavor. It’s like a chipotle, but hotter.

2 Likes

Sounds good, never seen them over here. I’ve grown some jalapeño this year. But dried them.

1 Like

You do need to come to the States at some point, if for no other reason than to eat regional food like this.

I swear to you, it’s not all McDonald’s here!

6 Likes

me neither. but it is possible to get some if you ask nicely the guy with the banana tick : D

2 Likes

I would really love to. And it’s for years discussed over here. But we think, it’s best when the youngest one (five now) is seven or around.
[Sorry long backspace]

1 Like

Making Martha Stewart’s lemon glazed cookies today! Two slight changes, I am adding a candied lemon on top before I glaze, and I’m adding just a touch of almond to the cookie.

10 Likes

It’s hard to make these guys photogenic, but they are daaamn good.

14 Likes