Cop "fired" after fabricating story of insulting McDonalds coffee cup

What astonishes me is that someone awful enough to think that doing this is a good idea would need to resort to fabricating insults.

If you are this much of a scumbag you would think that you could come by your public hostility honestly.

Unless your demeanor and/or history suggest that you meet all threats to your fragile dignity with excessive force, of course. Which isn’t exactly implausible.

3 Likes

Next you’re going to tell me that Al Gore never claimed to have invented the Internet.

(I’m still surprised, to this day, to run into people who still think that he said that.)

5 Likes

Yeah. The headline could just as easily be, “Unnamed police officer finds work at different police force.” Still, it’s more consequential than what most murderous cops have to deal with.

To be fair, given how so much of US policing literally came out of the slave patrols, killing people of color is practically part of the job description, still. Looking like an idiot in public, not so much.

4 Likes

It would be wonderful if McDonalds was forcibly required to treat their workers decently and pay them a living wage, so that employment there would no longer be seen as a means of punishment.

14 Likes

I wonder what possessed him to do this? Such a pointless, fuck-wit move.

2 Likes

Fuckwits gonna fuckwit.

8 Likes

Some people like that sweet, sweet grievance so much they’ll manufacture it if they can’t come by it honestly. You can milk a good grievance for generations.

4 Likes

That one burnt brown fry that accidentally made it through multiple cycles in the fryer.

6 Likes

Because the fucking pig thought he could get away with it. Why do any of this organized crime gang we call police do the shitty things they do? Because they think they can get away with it. Why did the initial reports (after the chief’s initial facebook spam went around the world) by the police say “we’re looking into it” and then mcdonalds issued a PR themselves, and suddenly the cop’s fired? Because the initial response was an attempt to hide it. It was only after pushback from McDonalds that the fucking pigs were even pressured to deal with it.

8 Likes

More than a little late for that.

7 Likes

I’m assuming the police chief is lying, and the self-identified fvcking pig still works for the department. Because lying is what pigs do, as this case shows. Again.

My bet is that the department still has 6 members.

I think it’s because he’s still working there.

I bought this shirt because it was funny and I liked the message but I never expected it to be this relevant.

1 Like

Well he did besmirch a corporation so he needed to be fired right away. If he murdered somebody of color that would be a different story and he would probably be kept on.

3 Likes

Let’s see how fast this piece of shit gets hired elsewhere. And I presume that the proven irresponsible moron will be allowed to carry.
I know all these stories of shithead, sometimes murderous, cops are kind of isolated but it has to make one wonder to what extent what percentage of cops are, I dunno, let’s say suffering judgment issues. (And of course I know what cops face but IIRC, none were drafted; all are employed voluntary. So, you know, take a job with risks, accept the risks. Don’t like, don’t be a cop instead of taking it out on people.)

1 Like

Famous quotations are the worst. Pretty much nothing attributed to any of the commonly-quoted people (Einstein, Ben Franklin, Churchill, Mark Twain, etc) was said by them. Most things we see pasted next to an image of a person are just old sayings of unknown origin.

Pro Publica

1 Like
5 Likes

There are more than enough examples where good people manufacture incidents, too. It seems to be something independent of personal quality, just a need to have sympathy and the backing of your group.

1 Like