Cop uses stun gun on Black DoorDash driver who wanted the officer's supervisor (video)

Originally published at: Cop uses stun gun on Black DoorDash driver who wanted the officer's supervisor (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

#slavepatrol #acab

59 Likes

Well the dude’s guilty of driving while Black, at the very least.

7 Likes

Shame the driver wasn’t able to cite the civic code for the applicable law. That would have gotten the cop to back off.

16 Likes

I don’t think that would have helped in this case; the cop seemed to want to have their power play fantasy. :frowning:

30 Likes

“I don’t give a shit what your want. I said get out!”

17 Likes

I must have needed a /s.

16 Likes

Anyone want to take odds on how many cops are pulling over delivery drivers of color as easy marks for arrest? “Why were you suspiciously going up that house?” “Why are you in such a hurry?”

17 Likes

When a Black person asks for a supervisor it’s a “Reverse Karen”, with depressing results like this.

23 Likes

You mean it’s a shame he wasn’t white.

3 Likes

Yes, that was the point.

3 Likes

The man wound up facing additional charges of resisting arrest

“I arrested the suspect telepathically, but he continued to act as if he hadn’t been arrested, and still had rights.”

15 Likes

Nah, this guy is black. I can’t imagine that Mr. Snowflake cop is going to process being told things he should already know by someone with melanin very well.

10 Likes

Out of curiosity, is it legal for a cop to demand you get out of the vehicle? What does the ACLU advise one do in this situation?

I knew someone back in the day who was sitting in a parked car smoking a joint when a cop tapped on his window with a flashlight. The cop motioned for him to roll down the window. Instead, this guy calmly took a few more deep drags on the joint. Only then did he roll down the window. The cop hit him with the flashlight.

6 Likes

9 Likes

It is legal for a police officer to ask you to get out of your car if you have been pulled over for a valid reason. If he thinks it is for his safety he can give lawful orders and you should follow them. There is a very low bar for what officer safety concerns need to be.
Do what the man says and talk to a lawyer later if you think he crossed the line.

Obscenity-laden commands are, of course, the clearest way for police to assure us of their professionalism and self-control.

9 Likes

FTFY.

9 Likes

Sadly, it does appear that you can be arrested for refusing to comply with a police officer’s order to exit your vehicle. Evidently, the US Supreme Court has ruled on this in the case of Pennsylvania v. Mimms and Maryland v. Wilson.

2 Likes

It’s infuriating that my first thought was about how lucky he was to survive the encounter. :rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
ACAB.

5 Likes