Cop who killed Samuel DuBose during traffic stop has been indicted for murder

I agree somewhat, but let’s just say I wasn’t surprised that the prosecutor blamed hiring practices rather than police culture.

5 Likes

Hopefully the key words there are “without question.” In some of the other cases, hmm maybe.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Yeah, we definitely can’t blame the BB posters for what is, essentially, embedded content. It’s like those reddit posts on the Washington Post from last week. Embedded content! Anything goes! Weeeeeeeeee!

I think the picture shows a ridiculous goober wannabe cop that is supremely worthy of ridicule. Anyone else?

1 Like

I hope he enjoys the two months of time he is going to get.

ahhh yes a highly trained campus cop. Think about this if you’re sending your children to college these days.

1 Like

…beg to differ?

Let’s hope this motherfucker can live up to his name.

I hope you forgive me.

5 Likes

I think part of the problem is giving loaded firearms to wannabe cops. He’s a university rent a cop for God’s sake. Deters also said the business of policing should be left to the CPD, not the university.

Edited to add: don’t forget, the CPD was recently lauded for its policies by the DOJ.

Good on you for changing the pics.

8 Likes

The original picture is better, though. It captures the barely competent, “mall cop” feel to this college constable.

Where I went to college, the college police were a joke (though they did carry guns). Almost every level of criminality was tolerated if you were a student (and especially if you were a jock). Your student ID card was their kryptonite.

Perhaps this incident was this guy taking out that frustration on the locals.

1 Like

Reminds me of the LAPD security cop (zoo/park security) who recently shot a guy for being armed with towel.

1 Like

Nah, the second one has subtle fear in the eyes and and control of the lower face —that implies he’d realised he’s not going to get away with it so easily, just as the photo is being taken. :smile:

I may be crazy, but do not believe this officer will be indicted, and charged officially with murder. even if the evidence is as clear as day that he is as guilty as sin.! he was not provoked, or insulted or charged at ! this was Murder! seems that everything is going to easy and to fast. maybe he made a deal with authorities to pretend to give himself up. to avoid uproars and riots in Ohio as in other cases ! lots of money invoved. ! keep it calm. ! Time will tell ! don’t believe everything I hear or read. only what I see ! and we will see when rime rolls around. meanwhile. Ohio Please be Calm! The truth will Prevail !

Withdrawn.

It would be nice if edits, even to photos, were somehow indicated with something akin to strike through.

< s > and its closing tag will strike the enclosed text. (remove the spaces).

HTML formatting ftw (he said under duress, hoping against the odds that CSS will one day have a fully standardized implementation).

Yeah, I’m familiar with how to do strikethrough.

I was saying that I withdrew my comment because I was being incorrectly snarky to @chris24net. He commented on the “smile.” I was reacting based on the current photo of Officer Murder but BB had actually swapped out the smiley photo and replaced it with the “How am I the only cop who’s going to go to jail for killing a random n…?” photo.

I only realized this edit happened from reading the comment thread. Perhaps what you’re saying is that this was indicated by BB but it wasn’t clear on my browser due to a lack of code standardization. If so, fair enough, but I would still argue for more transparency.

Either way, BB has my vote on their opinion of US policing.

The one thing I’ve found surprising from my infuriating and morbid hobby of watching videos of white cops kill black folks is how frequently the officers are polite beyond reproach right up until the point where they shoot a citizen in the fucking face without cause.

Oh. I just thought you wanted to leave your comment up but struck through.

Didn’t mean to condescend if that’s how you took it.