Cops are harassing the Uvalde mom who pulled her kids out of school during massacre, says her lawyer

Originally published at: Cops are harassing the Uvalde mom who pulled her kids out of school during massacre, says her lawyer | Boing Boing

12 Likes

broadchurch-angry-as-me-now

39 Likes

He also says her family has been warned by police not talk to the media.

The police can go kiss rocks. They have no jurisdiction to tell a private citizen who is not under investigation or been indicted that she cannot talk to the Press. 1st Amendment solutions, pinheads.

She should sue them for that, as well.

44 Likes

They have no jurisdiction; but, short of a fairly humorless consent decree or other mechanism that has someone breathing down their necks, they possess a variety flavors of extrajudicial measure that their disposal.

19 Likes

She should probably start wearing a gopro everywhere she goes.

25 Likes

She showed them to be the incompetent cowards that they are.
We can’t have that, now, can we…

Big surprise.
I wouldn’t be surprised that she ‘commits suicide’ in her cell, after being arrested on the flimsiest of pretenses.
She had better not go anywhere alone, from now on.

Oh? WTF are the Blue Snowflakes gonna do about it? And wouldn’t this be classified as Official Oppression?
The BS have obviously never heard of the Striesand Effect… or doxxing, for that matter.

18 Likes

I wish I could say that I’m surprised by this.

15 Likes

Do these omnishambling chucklefucks think that if they find some minor crime to arrest this woman for we’ll forget what absolute wastes of space they were in one of the few scenarios people actually kinda wanted them around for? Cause we won’t.

Also… just leave her the fuck alone you dumblefaces. Predictably acting out when you’re under scrutiny will just bring more. Sit in the fucking corner and think about what you didn’t do and now are doing.

8 Likes

respect-my-authority

13 Likes

The Crips aren’t the only gang that wears blue.

14 Likes

It also sounds like some agency like the DOJ should be paying the Uvalde police a visit.

25 Likes

Absolute bullies and goons.

7 Likes

They must have gotten antsy. They usually wait at least 77 minutes.

(sorry for the Post link)

14 Likes

Perhaps procedure just moves slowly, or perhaps omerta is stronger than I give it credit for; but I’m honestly surprised that things haven’t reached the point where other law enforcement entities are actively and eagerly piling on to throw these guys under the bus as hard as possible in service of the narrative that they are purely an isolated instance of local degeneracy that is already being handled no need to look any further or start thinking pernicious systemic reform thoughts thanks.

They obviously aren’t the only bunch of 1033-larpers who are real tough when railroading the weak and otherwise substantially less useful than advertised; but I would think that one podunk town’s PD would be considered an acceptable sacrifice in the interests of broader face-saving given that it’s more or less impossible to cover for a fractally failed response.

5 Likes

Looks like a bunch of cops are gagging to get a bunch of charges that all end “… under colour of authority” slapped on them. It’s a shame that “while being a sniveling coward” isn’t a general aggravating factor in criminal changes that could be tagged on.

Whoever goes after them, DOJ, FBI, whoever, I hope they throw the book at them, bastards.

10 Likes

no cop can do wrong. otherwise people might start asking questions, and maybe start reviewing how things went wrong.

plus, if it turns out uvalde never needed a police department in the first place… if they would have been safer without… how many other towns of exactly the same size could say the same

16 Likes

My first wife had previously been married to a Texas LEO who was later caught coming out of a bank–after hours and via an upstairs window. Her observation was that there was a very thin blue line between cop and crook, with many of them occupying both sides of the line simultaneously.

11 Likes

Meanwhile the local Saanich (BC Canada) police tactical team charged into a hail of gunfire during a bank robbery because there were hostages to save. 6 cops wounded, one critically. All the hostages are safe but both suspects died in the gunfight. Inverse behavior to the Uvalde PD.

17 Likes

A.C.A.B.

Rinse, repeat.

6 Likes

People snidely compare cops to gangs in America, but this is literally exactly gang behaviour. Wow.

5 Likes