Cops arrest public defender who was representing her client, face no discipline

You mean the taxpayers will pay, not the cops.

5 Likes

… and the number of innocent citizens and police offices who would end up in a body bag in the process.

Jami Tillotson is a total hard core bad ass! :blush: Wow! There goes the attorney I want for all attorney things. That was seriously one of the most professional and bravest acts I’ve ever seen in over 20 years.

8 Likes

Randomly Googling the officer’s name, I find that he was in the news a couple of years ago for racially profiling a black off-duty police officer:

What was that recent study that found that police officers with one complaint lodged against them are approximately a bazillion times (roughly, I think?) more likely to have other complaints as well.

6 Likes

It happens a hell of a lot more often than people realize.
Lawyers up here have been arrested in their robes…

4 Likes

If you wish to show the populace the consequenceless power of lawbreaking cops, continually finding against them in court is hard to beat as a demonstration. It’s how Machiavelli would have done it.

Were they crooked? Or just inconvenient?

More like convenient?

In most cases its an inmate caught with drugs pointing fingers, “I got it from that guy who got it from their lawyer” - that is enough to arrest a lawyer apparently.

1 Like

One has a code of honor and the other is a cop?

Not much of a difference these days except for the uniform

1 Like

Sir!! You have impinged on the honor of all good criminals in this country!!

http://imgur.com/1T6Bfra

1 Like

are tattoos a uniform?

1 Like

Obviously it’s used so routinely as a “I don’t like this guy, this is how I punish him” by the police that they no longer recognize the abusive irony of the act… which is damning in and of itself.

3 Likes

Michael Mann was right all along.

1 Like

Are you from the 1880’s?

1 Like

Why do you assume that they face no consequences?

That sounds as defeatist as it does improbable.

1 Like

If you continue with this, I will arrest you for resisting arrest.

How is that even remotely legal? What a stupid, unfunny joke.

1 Like

@anon62122146 About that… this sort of behaviour is not limited to the SFPD. Rioting is unlikely to give these particular thugs any reason to stop doing this sort of thing. And then…neither is asking politely for them to stop.

It’s the police unions. The public interest cannot prevail until the police unions are brought under control.

@The_Tim
You heard about the guy who succesfully sued himself, for tax reasons? I think maybe you overestimate the law.

@NickSay

There’s a difference between an action being
wrong, vs an action being illegal. Myself, I call wrong actions "Sin"
and illegal actions, “Crime”. It has nothing to do with god, it’s about
conscience.

Godel’s theorem suggests to me that it’s philosophically impossible
to get law enforcement to enforce laws that limit the actions of law
enforcement.

That doesn’t mean we can’t get the cops to behave, it just means we can’t trust the law make it happen.

This is the America that spawned Dumbletrump’s rise. Law Enforcement of all stripes don’t even pretend that the laws apply to them any longer. The United States has truly become the totalitarian Police State that it always held up as the bogeyman that it stood against. “Land of the Free”, indeed.

3 Likes

.[quote=“Synesthesia, post:13, topic:75553”]
Starting to look like you guys actually deserve drumpf.
[/quote]

No one deserves that fate; NO ONE.

5 Likes

Civil suits don’t act as much of a deterrent, either sadly.

Now if settlements were say, paid out of the involved officers pension fund, that might be a different story.

2 Likes