Cops with violent history and criminal records drawn to Florida's $13.5m relocation program

Originally published at: Cops with violent history and criminal records drawn to Florida's $13.5m relocation program | Boing Boing

2 Likes

It’s not like Florida doesn’t have lots of criminals. Orange boy, Gaetz to name a couple. Again I’m taking bets on the vast majority of the errant law enforcement applicants being white…

7 Likes

Stockpiling his brute squad.

17 Likes

came to say the same. sounds like he is going to gather every law enforcement scumbag in the country around him. or at least as many as $13 million can buy. this can’t be good.

16 Likes

When does he put up checkpoints on I95?

9 Likes

Calling all Bad Apples.

15 Likes

:thinking: Wasn’t sure which kind of settlements were referred to in this post. If it’s the legal kind, I can imagine the FL legislature making absolutely sure the government won’t take a financial hit for what these cops might do. The qualified immunity they already have is bad enough.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Just in case anyone is still wondering where this is going…

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/german-police-in-the-nazi-state

9 Likes

Birds of a feather flock together

3 Likes

So, basically Brown Shirts, yeah?

Filling your police with loyalists? And ones who already don’t have an issue with violating civil rights.

9 Likes

So instead of attracting top cops, he’s buying top thugs. Brilliant!

What’s next? Messing with the National Guard in Florida?

3 Likes

Eeeeeee, @FloridaManJefe, @orenwolf, and all you other Florida mutants, stay safe. This is some scary stuff.

8 Likes

For a contemporary example, the ruling party in Poland has turned the police into its enforcers and now they have a reputation as stupid, corrupt and brutal.

But the appalling standards in the police can be seen also in the lower ranks. The officers know, that it’s not only their boss who doesn’t have to be worried about the consequences of their actions. On 2nd of January, a police patrol called to a fire, they invited two teenage girls, witnesses to their vehicle. After checking their documents, they suddenly drove off, basically kidnapping the girl. The short drive, during which the terrified girls were subject to comments with erotic subtext, ended with a crash on the tree. At this moment the policemen told the girls to “get to fuck”, even though they were injured in the accident (one of them quite significantly). “To tell the truth, I am happy we crashed” – said the 17 years old girl – “I was really worried about what those cops are planning to do to us”.

3 Likes

8 Likes

“Qualifications?”

“Rape, murder, arson, rape…”

“You said ‘rape’ twice…”

“I LIKE rape.”

4 Likes

it seems pretty apparent to me

1 Like

And their shirts are already brown, so he doesn’t even need to pay for additional uniforms!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.