Corey Haim's rapist named as Charlie Sheen

I remember when my grandmother said she had read in the national enquirer that Jim Nabors and Rock Hudson were in a homosexual relationship together that you couldn’t trust the national enquirer.

I bet you can trust them pretty good on this kind of thing.

7 Likes

My only problem here is we’ve already outed Charlie Sheen as a vile human being.

Let’s get his enablers. Let’s get his allies. Let’s get his lawyers and his agents and his accountants.

THOSE are the people feeding the beast.

11 Likes

if Boing Boing is going to link to and cite the National Enquirer, can someone show me the exit door?

7 Likes

As my (one of several by the same perpetrator) molestation experiences (somewhat) mirror this one, it needs to be understood that this is COERCION. Not acceptance. Not consensual.
NO MATTER WHETHER THE SUBJECT IS GAY, STRAIGHT, OR TRANS, if the victim “just needs a little convincing”, it is COERCION.
Fuck damn the NAMBLA enablers.

Side note: For clarification purposes, my “coercion” was straight-up threats.
Luckily, it never escalated to sodomy.

Edited for grammar and clarification, because ANGRY, FURIOUS TYPING!

43 Likes

Drug use + the age difference… this is all sorts of yucky still. I feel like the English language tries to shove too many concepts under a single word sometimes.

5 Likes

Any young actors reading this thread, aside from all the other things going on here, I want you to know that it is not perfectly normal for men and younger boys in the (filmmaking) business (or any business) to have sexual relations. It’s just not. It may happen. And you will hear about it. But it’s not normal. You are the boss of your body, even on set.

28 Likes

That’s the point, we all know that 13 year olds are not emotionally mature or great desicion makers. They are also very easy to manipulate, as every aspect of their lives is controlled by adults.

When an adult that they respect, fear or admire tells them to do something, they will do it. This is also one of the many reasons for laws against child brides.

30 Likes

I think we all can agree the National Inquirer is a shit-rag at the highest levels. I assume we all can agree Charlie Sheen is vile and would rape a carrot if he could find a way too, so I tend to believe this sick fuck did indeed rape Haim. As one who has suffered from sexual abuse from a male, he set Haim into a tailspin and ultimately is partly responsible for his death. It is all about power, manipulation and coercion, which Sheen is a master of. I hope Sheen dies a horrible death, he probably raped the boy in his previous comedy series, Two Men and a Victim, Angus. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

2 Likes

yho overtly avoids the law, and the reasons the minor laws exist, and frankly, disgusts me.

A minor cannot consent. It is impossible. The laws are designed to cause adults to look elsewhere to fulfil their sexual desires. So that minors are not abused, taken advantage of, and ruined for life.

Statutory rape. Pure and simple.

8 Likes

I loved that video. Anyone know what the original phobia was that the woman suffered from?

1 Like

Children cannot legally give consent.

4 Likes

Ok, I admit I screwed up by a) not knowing anything about Corey Haim and having only a passing knowledge of Charley Sheen and b) Just scanning the post and the sending off a brain fart.

When you know more about the context it all looks a lot more ‘rapey’ than when you just base it on the sentence I quoted, or even the post alone (I still stand behind what I said that 19 vs 13 can work out, having seen it in person. ).

This is very true.And it makes discussing these sort of delicate subjects very hard for a non native speaker, I can tell you that.

1 Like

Not to excuse Cheen, because obviously he is a pedo rapist asshole, but I wonder if when he was young and innocent in his acting career somebody did it to him.

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Fella we literally have a whole columnist dedicated to recycling tabloid scoops, conspiracy theories and insanity. https://boingboing.net/author/petersheridan

19 Likes

It was a spider

3 Likes

Well, same modus operandi, so not much difference, huh?

I think the syndication rights for Two and a Half Men just lost whatever value they still had.

7 Likes

In some states that would be perfectly legal. The age of consent varies…which kind of blows my mind.

edit

WTF?!?

In 1880, the age of consent was set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7

10 Likes