Corporate trying to force dangerous sandwich down Subway's throat

Originally published at: Corporate trying to force dangerous sandwich down Subway's throat | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m now imagining an Ian Malcolm-type figure pleading with the corporate bigwigs to cancel the sandwich promotion before it leads to catastrophe.

24 Likes

The sandwich is dangerous to make, not to eat, before any of the adventurous eaters in the BBS get too excited by the title.

10 Likes
4 Likes

Hm. They should call it the Lord Byron: “Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Make”.

12 Likes

In an age long forgotten, an old king summoned his Sandwich Wizard. The king commanded him to create a sandwich of power. The Sandwich Wizard labored in his tower for six days. On the seventh, he brought the sandwich before the king and it was glorious. It would grant him eternal life so he could rule his kingdom forever. It was also delicious. One night, the prince betrayed the king and tried to steal the sandwich. The old king was heartbroken. He realized the sandwich was too powerful. It had to be destroyed. So, the ingredients were hidden on the far corners of the world, watched by the fierce Sandwich Guardians. Legend says it can be reforged if all the ingredients are brought together.

–Raven (Teen Titans Go!)

27 Likes

“sufficient” as “none”, of course: it’s way cheaper.

6 Likes

I’d like the roast beef on 10", lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, olives, guacamole, and extra danger please.

19 Likes

hazardous sandwich

Dang! Good name for a band!

18 Likes

It’ll make a change from their dangerous advertising spokesman.

10 Likes

Served on pumpernickelback

8 Likes

I didn’t have Quiznos until late in the company’s timeline, but they were better than Subway. According to a Company Man video, it was corporate’s practices that really killed the brand. Looks like Subway has been moving in a similar direction over the past few months.

Penn Station makes even better sandwiches if you are lucky enough to have one nearby. Jersey Mike’s is terrible. Above all, though, find a local sub slinger for something great. (Here in the Greater Lansing, MI, area we have Jersey Giant. Fantastic stuff.)

3 Likes

…and not “Mad, bad, and dangerous to gnaw”.

5 Likes

I also preferred Quiznos’ sandwiches, though their prices were higher than I liked. Never had much problem with Jersey Mike’s; I just think of them as mediocre. Same with most of the sandwich joints around here, including what seems to be the local favorite chain (Firehouse Subs). I stick with a local mom-and-pop that’s been around for 30 years.

3 Likes

There was a time in my life where I thought Subway was actually pretty good food.

Then I started eating there.

7 Likes

And a trifle limp?

“We’re out of guacamole.”

1 Like

Late 80s, they were okay. (They did the places up with curved brick.)

1 Like

The last time I had easy access to a Subway was over 10 years ago. There was one where I worked. I used to eat there pretty regularly, and the food was okay. I cut down when I decided to eat healthier (since there’s a lot of hidden calories and fats in the food.) I stopped completely when I found out the owner was abusive to his staff, with words and slaps. I never went back after that.

6 Likes

Actually, I had one of their melts a few weeks ago (I had a coupon). What they do is put a sandwich inside a baking bag and everything said about it being more complicated is true. There are restrictions about what kind of vegetables you can’t put on the melt but mostly because of their high water count and temperature sensitivities like cucumber. But stuff like tomatoes, peppers, onions, olives and pickles is okay to put on it.

1 Like