[CORRECTED] Here's the first episode of the new Twilight Zone, directed by Jordan Peele

There were too many plot holes for me to be able to suspend my disbelief.

Take away all the allegory, and the story being told just doesn’t work as a cohesive narrative.

1 Like

2 Likes

The original series is on Netflix right now. Not quite 1 dollar but considering it’s part of a package with lots of other content it’s pretty close to that cheap. We live in the future!! Well, I think the problem we have now with movies and tv now is that there are all these competing platforms and none of them have everything. At least with music you’ve got things like Spotify, and while not EVERYTHING is there, almost everything is and you can listen to any of it as much as you want for less than what it used to cost to buy one cd a month. That’s what they need to do for video…maybe the movie and TV studios have better lawyers and hold out for more money and bands just kinda take whatever pennies they can get…

1 Like

Oh man that is too bad I really need to see Us.

I dunno if I would call it a “trend”. Anthology shows have always been around. I suppose the success of Black Mirror might be an indicator people are wanting their anthology sci-fi more, but that has been out for several years.

It’s hard to condemn a show on one episode. As much as I love the original Twighlight Zone, not every episode was a winner.

I honestly wouldn’t mind a FEW remakes of the classics like “To Serve Man” if for not other reason to expose people to these classic stories that are sometimes the birthplace of tropes and referenced in pop culture to this day. Like I made the kiddo watch To Serve Man after the reference made in the movie Madagascar.

But yes, overall, I’d rather it be NEW content.

1 Like

Go see it, no one’s stopping you.

Three small kids and two working parents is stopping me at the moment! Hopefully soon.

Babysitters exist, and I doubt that you both work 24 hours a day; you’ll sort it out, I’m sure.

I meant my personal opinion and sense of being underwhelmed isn’t any impediment to you watching Us.

1 Like

Not available in Chile :pensive:

I liked the new Twilight Zone a lot, at least this episode!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.