Corrections, typos, grammar flubs and errors

Steadicam, no?

1 Like

Per @crenquis, presumably should be sfnal. Or SFnal, but then Cory has that weird policy on capital letters…(although I thought that was only for commercial products and companies)

it might stand for Science-fiction News Fails A Lot

Would it be possible to have a way to flag typos etc when commenting, perhaps something that points you to this thread with a link attached, so we don’t end up with a thread like this one with interesting comments mixed up with loads of typo reports?

1 Like

mark blank-posted the recent entry about the ukelele

Need both?

Al Qaeda expert credited with designing deception of CIA torture program - Boing Boing

the BBS entry doesn’t have a title…

- boing - Boing Boing BBS

Ya know, you have the power to fix that.

But doesn’t it force one to choose a non “Boing” category?

Not really. If you simply ignore the category setting, don’t fool with it at all, it will remain in the “boingboing” category. At least, that’s how it’s worked for me.

1 Like

Yep, worked!
Thanks
Edit:

4 Likes

in blog view this post leaves an open italic tag at the beginning of the Dante quote.

caught a small one

should be “defies” rather than “defines.”

1 Like

Perhaps somewhat off-topic, but I’m going to go there anyway…

Can one of you web-savvy people explain to me, in way that I can reproduce, how Discourse does that spoiler-blurring thing? I tried to look at the css and it makes my eyes bleed.

1 Like

use the spoiler tag

2 Likes

surround the text with spoiler tags

2 Likes

No, no. I know how to use it. I meant the web programming techniques behind it. I found a jquery plugin, but I don’t understand how it works either.

oh, sorry (∘=̴⃙̀˘︷˘=̴⃙́∘)

this is Rob’s thread, you should probably summon @sam , i think he wrote that bit.

there used to be a design thread for this question, but it got locked.

It looks like it’s adding a really diffused text-shadow, and then hiding the actual text so that all you see is the (blurry) shadow.

3 Likes

all the code is here: GitHub - discourse/discourse-spoiler-alert: A plugin for discourse to hide spoilers behind the spoiler-alert jQuery plugin I did not write it though, it was mostly @eviltrout and @zogstrip

6 Likes