Cosplay of Greatness: 'Isaac Clarke'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/30/cosplay-of-greatness-isaac.html

5 Likes

Holy Mudflapps! It’s amazing!

3 Likes

They say Isaac Clarke, I say Arthur C. Asimov.

11 Likes

Googly Eyes

Er… what? I’m assuming this is a joke, but I’m not discounting the possibility that they were actually very creatively repurposed for some unexpected use in the costume…

It seems like a deceptively difficulty costume, as it contains multiple elements that require different skill sets: sewn portions, sculpted portions (hand prop, armor pieces) and electronics. So doing it well, like here, really demonstrates a diverse skill set.

2 Likes

No word of a lie … but I’ve no idea who Isaac Clarke is and for a split second when I saw the headline my brain went “Isaac Asimov … no … Arthur C Clarke” and then thought “a new mash-up story from someone crashing two their SF worlds together, perhaps?”

And then I did my research and discovered this character is actually (obviously) named after them.

4 Likes

I guess that Googly Eyes could be painted over to act as buttons or rivets.

2 Likes

I did the same mental gymnastics at that headline.

1 Like

Seems like painting over googly eyes for rivets would be a kind of overcomplicated solution, but I guess what one has on hand that works is what one has on hand that works, so…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.