Cost of cleaning up White House after Trump departure: $127,000

Worth every penny. :+1:

14 Likes

However much it cost, they can recoup some of the money by recycling all the empty Diet Coke cans.

11 Likes

“replacement flooring”?

Oh, right, the peeing.

10 Likes

29 Likes

Meh. Isn’t that about the cost of one of Trump’s golf games?

15 Likes

But did they manage to exorcise the evil spirits and demons that took up residence there four years ago? Physical filth is easy to remove but psychic filth is far more stubborn.

9 Likes

The White House has […] 28 fireplaces […]

They still use the Floo Network?

10 Likes

I’ve seen those curtains, fire would be by first response. That or selling them to Trump fans for a profit and replacing them with something tasteful.

2 Likes

Quick Google, all I could find was the 1.75 million renovation when Trump moved in. Good question though. Given that it needs to be disinfected for COVID reasons as well, I suspect its standard rate for something of this magnitude. I don’t see any reason why it would be more than expected.

2 Likes

I wonder how much money the Trump administration spent on burning all the documents for the last couple months.

5 Likes

They’re your clothes.

4 Likes

Reading anything from the Newsweek site is entirely too much trouble to bother. The way they deliver advertising gets in the way, so I don’t go there any more.

2 Likes

Really, though, those prices don’t seem too bad, considering the size of the place, the nooks and crannies, etc. etc. What I really, really hope to see are pics of the condition of the upstairs residence after the Trumps have had four years to klass it up. After November, I wonder how many broken lamps there are and holes punched in the walls.

3 Likes

Since these few days are the only time each four/eight years that that the building is even partially vacant, I’ll bet there’s a very deep cleaning whenever Presidents change. The building is over a century old, so I imagine fumigating isn’t really that uncommon, but has happened as needed in the past. The COVID misting is new, but given the past occupant’s attitudes, I’ll agree that it was absolutely necessary.

3 Likes

And you thought I was joking when I posted this pic before. . .

(Would like to find a higher res version so I could zoom in on each detail better, probably some gags there I can’t quite pick out.)

6 Likes

I’m curious how that compares to other transitions?

2 Likes

They should have filmed it for HGTV to recoup some of the cost. “White House Flip: We turn the toxic remains of a dumpster fire into a livable home again.”

6 Likes

Add one last cost -

13 Likes

I imagine quite a bit of a difference. The White House doesn’t generally have to have every inch of it disinfected for a virus that never existed and that the Trumpikan’s ignored and took no precautions against. The whole place was evidently a bio hazard area.

5 Likes

Meh. I bet the cost is similar to all transitions. You got like 90 people scrambling for like 5 or 6 hours to move and clean everything. Plus no matter who was there, you would want to take the time to disinfect for Covid measures.

Good riddance.

1 Like