Cost of cleaning up White House after Trump departure: $127,000

Unfortunately, no amount of cleaning will remove the powerful and obnoxious smell of mendacity left by the previous occupant.

3 Likes

I’m impressed that they redecorate and clean the Oval office over the course of about 5 hours. That’s like a Trading Places montage type redecorating effort. All of Trumps tacky gold shit was gone by the time Biden was signing his first XOs.

5 Likes

and then there was the remodeling that truman did . . .

6 Likes

Yes, I’d like to see figures about previous presidents.

Months back I posted here “it will take three months to decontaminate the White House”.

Initially that was about Trump’s Covid-19 infectiin, but it made a good joke.

But we can’t see if it’s true or not until we have an idea of what it costs most for most changeovers.

More like Deep State cleaning, amirite?

/s

3 Likes

He may have dug a bunker into the lawn, and may use it as his spiderhole. https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/11/10/no-trump-isnt-trying-to-steal-the-white-house-lawn/

1 Like

A colleague threw this one into a conversation on Wednesday - “I heard it was -45 in DC today…”

8 Likes

$30,000 for drapery cleaning. I KNEW IT! Trump & Co. did the old “slipping shrimp into the hems of the drapes trick!” Then you hope that your victim can’t find the source of the stench as the shrimp rot.

They should check behind the sofa cushions too …

2 Likes

Luckily there was a stockpile of Clorox left behind so that helps.

5 Likes

Amateur hour; put shrimp tails dipped in fish eggs inside the curtain rods.

5 Likes

I figured the replacement flooring was due to their throwing so many messy demon-invoking ritual parties.

I’d try and see how far back into the vent system you can roll Durian fruit.

8 Likes

More context from prior renovations:

9 Likes

The White House doubtless has actual plaster walls. Can’t punch through those like *&%$#@>~! drywall.

2 Likes

Any word on the rumor that he filled the bathtubs with kitty litter and unplugged all the refrigerators so they’d leave puddles once he was gone?

1 Like

Speaking of which, was the exorcism part of the bid, or an extra line item cost?

2 Likes

I hope it was included - it was obviously required.

It’s worth it!

1 Like

3 Likes
10 Likes