Costco's cheap $1.50 hot-dog-and-soda combo now a viral tee shirt design: '"If you raise the f---ing hot dog, I will kill you'

Originally published at: Costco's cheap $1.50 hot-dog-and-soda combo now a viral tee shirt design: '"If you raise the f—ing hot dog, I will kill you' | Boing Boing

1 Like

It’s hard to find a good hotdog in Japan, so a trip to Costco will often end with me getting a couple of hotdogs to heat up for lunch the next day. I sometimes don’t end up buying anything else, and it’s still worth the trip.

5 Likes

Interesting management style.

4 Likes

Mm, mechanically recovered meat and heavily processed vegetables, that’s definitely worth no more than $1.50.

3 Likes

I’ve just discovered that Doner Kebab Pies are now a thing :yum:

You can also buy frozen Doner Kebabs. Doesn’t mean you should… :grimacing:

Sheesh, simmer down, edgelord :roll_eyes:

Ugh. No, no, no. A corporation is never “on your side”. They are on their side. Never forget that. They view their customers as an unfortunate hindrance to their continued concentration of wealth.

Prices being really low does not mean they “got yer back”. It means a lot of people in the supply chain are being exploited.

4 Likes

I get my drugs from Costco, which you can do if you don’t have a membership. And then I often hit up their snack bar. Usually for a pizza slice, but some times the hot dog. They aren’t bad.

Though I found a local place called the Weiner Kitchen. They are NOT $1.50 hot dogs, but some locally made brats or their classic hot dog which is so good. The buns are even fresh baked and so fluffy.

1 Like

If you bring back combo slices and raise the price to $2.49 I will kiss you, Costco!

Costco eliminated most everything with veggies from the menu to keep the carnivores salivating. This is a bridge too far.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.