Couple beheads themselves with homemade guillotine in self-sacrifice

Originally published at: Couple beheads themselves with homemade guillotine in self-sacrifice | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

21 Likes

A case of what now??

40 Likes

Same for ‘…the bodies were sent for post-mortem…’.

16 Likes

xhss9

20 Likes

That part doesn’t seem too unreasonable honestly. Just because authorities come upon a scene that appears to be a suicide doesn’t mean they should automatically accept that at face value.

22 Likes

suicide is never something to joke about.
that the method of this apparent double suicide is bizarre and very disturbing. i struggle with the way to express this wisely.
i got nothin but sadness for the surviving family.

32 Likes

Seriously, dude. This is horrible.

17 Likes

very, very true. hence, the original comment was deleted moments after thoughtlessly posted. it is simply too horrible to even attempt a careless response. i shamed myself.

13 Likes

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Sometimes a situation is so incomprehensible and bizarre that our brains just can’t get around it properly. Gallows humor is one way that people deal with the abyss staring back into them.

20 Likes

A “sacrificial ritual” and “a suicide note”.

God alone knows what happened to drive this poor couple to these extremes.

I have first-hand experience of a “suicide note” from a long time ago from an old friend - he was diagnosed with MS - left behind a couple of young kids. Suicide is always heartbreaking, but none more so than for the ones left behind - who have to live with that heartbreak forever after.

How awful has life gotta be, for this to be the answer?

19 Likes

nbc GIF by The Blacklist

This event is immeasurably sad and tragic, especially for those they have left behind.
Still, I feel compelled to say that the rolling into the fire bit is a nice touch.

I’m wondering if, due to some quirk about how things are labeled, if it’s not homicide (or natural causes), it’s “accidental death,” maybe? Sometimes the legal terms in use don’t remotely match up with common speech in confusing ways.

4 Likes

Death cults seem to be more popular than they have been in thousands of years.

Or, in this case…

1 Like

(slightly) more details here:

Trouble is, this is tabloid fodder, and the tabloids have been speculating wildly,

5 Likes

The article doesn’t go into what they were hoping for in return for their sacrifice. I hope the family gets closure and mental health needed.

1 Like

Recovering Alcoholics here: my bottom that got me into treatment was an active attempt. I realized I couldn’t let it go all the way through bc I had a then 9yo daughter.

That being said my life then was pure, abject Hell. And the only way out seemed to be oblivion.

9 Likes

Inadvertently successful attempt?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.