Couple chased by car with flashing blue lights decide not to pull over: "That's not a cop!" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/18/couple-chased-by-car-with-flashing-blue-lights-decide-not-to-pull-over-thats-not-a-cop-video.html

9 Likes

Someone wouldn’t sell him a lightbar with red and blue lights?

8 Likes

Also a NYPD patch is just lazy. I bet you could get some convincing Ohio police insignia off eBay with very little effort.

14 Likes

“I’m a police officer.”

10 Likes

It sounds like he was being given some benefit of doubt until it was discovered that the guy wasn’t.

Wait… How many retired cops with tricked-out personal vehicles does he know?

13 Likes

Radical profa activist.

10 Likes

Or he was misinformed.

I grew up in PA. At the time, you had to pull over for anything with RED lights. Cops were red and blue, ambulance and fire red. You did NOT have to pull over for blue (volunteer fire/ or other EMS). You couldn’t get a red light, but Spencer’s in the mall would happily sell you a blue one.

It was a bit of a culture shock when I moved to GA and the cops ONLY had blue. I think I’ve seen the staties there with red/blue on the highway now.

9 Likes

This was a misdemeanor? It looks like attempted kidnapping to me, but I suppose he didn’t get that far.

11 Likes

Ohio Man decides to give Florida Man some competition.

10 Likes

… So not actually from Ohio.

ETA: Not that we don’t have a ton of numbskulls here, but this guy is not one of ours.

7 Likes
3 Likes

People may not know about this incident that happened in Nova Scotia in 2020.

Gabriel Wortman created a replica R.C.M.P police cruiser – in plain sight of everyone (including the R.C.M.P.) – and then went on to murder 22 people, including an R.C.M.P. officer (wounded 2 others).

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.