Couple shares strange furbaby 'childbirth' photos

I’ll help:

“Full spread-eagle pussy shot.”

3 Likes

What @Mindysan33 already said. There’s no comparison between vegan outrage over fake meat and mothers who may have dealt with complicated births or had someone close to them go through that. I felt you were drawing a false equivalence and didn’t realize that it could be insensitive to people with real trauma. I don’t think you intended it to be so, and hoped you’d be receptive to understanding that. I don’t think @Mindysan33 or I were aggressive in pointing it out.

I don’t think this is worthy of outrage, but I also don’t think outrage over it is taking a piss.

4 Likes

Oh, I did, but there’s some inconsistency in your original defensive position towards traci in reply to my original post and your subsequent disagreement with their viewpoint. Not that it’s unusual, it’s an internet article comments section after all, misunderstandings and misreadings happen all the time, so I just replied to what you wrote to me, it’s no big deal, we’re cool :wink:

There’s also nothing in the images in context that connects them to birth trauma. That’s why I was struggling to work out the intention of the original post.

Well, you know us inconsistent women…

4 Likes

Yeah, us blokes are models of calm, reasoned, intellectual courte - GODDAMNIT, the frickin cat knocked my bong over again!!! That smells…

Yes, cause no women smoke the pot.

2 Likes

If I could quadruple like this, I would (AS A FUCKING LICENSED VETERINARIAN!!!)

I get it. I love animals. I have a cat. He’s awesomesauce, and I love him. Would I be heartbroken if he ran out in front of a school bus? Yes. Is he a “furbaby”?
Egads no.

I’m all for animals having more respect, rights, and legal status (as other than simple property, not human/constitutional rights), but they’re not little people. There are a lot of issues surrounding surgeries (spay and neuter anyone? it’s a great idea, and in the long run best for the human/animal bond/health/etc…, but when you get to the bare bones of the issue, it’s an involuntary (on the part of the pet) non-consensual elective surgery. It’s done for a lot of beneficial reasons, but still…).

Pets aren’t your children, (and on the flipside, your kids aren’t just extra smart pets…)

I get that you love your cat/dog/chinchilla/leaftailed gecko or whatever, but you have to be the adult, and for whole host of reasons, you have to be the owner (especially since pets are legally property, and not humans with human rights).

ok. rant mode off.

10 Likes

Plenty, but not nearly enough.

2 Likes

A long time ago in an ER far away…

An ambulance was backed up to the ER doors…
A coworker had brought a box of kittens to the ER…
Another coworker was at work, pregnant…

It seemed like the perfect combination - stretcher, pregnant coworker, kittens in place, chirp the ambulance siren, unload “patient giving birth”.

When I hear others describe their pet/owner relationship as if it was analogous to a child/parent relationship my first thought is “would you leave a child alone and unsupervised for 8 hours or more at a stretch?”

The effort required to care for a pet, even a ridiculously pampered pet, is nowhere near the effort required to raise a human child.

5 Likes

Good analogy but one that depends upon the age of the child; at 12 years or older, depending upon maturity, that’s plausible.

Right now, there’s a three-month old kitten alone at my house while I’m at work; my biggest worry is that she may knock things off my desk or claw up the curtains.

I can’t begin to fathom leaving a 3 year old child alone for same duration of time, let alone a 3 month old.

7 Likes

Erm… Um… Why would you do that to a cat?

Well yeah, but by then you’ve put in 12 years of effort to raise the kid and you still have a lot more day-to-day responsibilities than a pet would entail. You have no legal obligation to clothe and educate your 12-year-old Cocker Spaniel, for example.

2 Likes

I also bring up the legal obligation aspect to overzealous pet owners who act like they’re babies; you can’t just drop your kid off in a remote location and drive off if you get tired of taking care of them.

(Not that I would ever do such a thing to a pet, just sayin’…)

3 Likes

In some states pet abandonment is illegal as well. And honestly there’s not really any excuse to do that in the first place since shelters exist. Abandonment is picking a likely death for your pet and removing their shot at a second chance. That’s kind of evil. It’s not like they despawn if you get a certain distance away.

5 Likes

Good.

­

4 Likes

Or have the vet put them down once their medical bills get beyond your monthly budget.

1 Like

Ugh, exactly.

2 Likes

You’ve happened on reason #43298198 out of 9871288181 that pets aren’t children…

1 Like

1 Like