Court filing: Prosecutor told cops to delete photos showing they beat up a disabled 62-year-old man

Originally published at: Court filing: Prosecutor told cops to delete photos showing they beat up a disabled 62-year-old man | Boing Boing

7 Likes

the officers used the minimum force necessary and “in accordance with the policy and training”

Hmmm, that doesn’t look like a face “minimum force”?

15 Likes

How many other cases has this happened in?

A lot, and while your at it check their backyards for shallow graves…

21 Likes

Angry Alan Rickman GIF

18 Likes

The prosecutor can get fired for this, but not be held criminally responsible? I’m not sure but that’s probably true because of some kind of ‘qualified immunity’. Here’s what should happen: fire, criminally charged, disbarred for life.

27 Likes

FTFY. Counselling the concealing and destruction of evidence of a crime is a serious crime itself. Then we get to the initial crime by the cops, then their destroying evidence and conspiracy to do so with the DA and fellow officer.

21 Likes

Well, the correct thing to do is now throw out all his convictions, automatically and permanently. Every plea, every trial by jury, every time he was involved in a prosecution that case now needs to be reversed and the conviction wiped off the record, fines reimbursed, sentences commuted. I know it won’t happen, but how can any of his convictions stand now that he is known to have tampered with the evidence, that shouldn’t even require an appeal, or at the very least any appeal should be automatically approved and granted.

24 Likes

ACAB, though they are often enabled and facilitated by the legal system.

The whole system is a scam…

15 Likes

d&d nerd GIF

8 Likes

The state of things today is starting to make me think that guy Hammurabi was a reasonable dude.

5 Likes

Apparently cops have two force settings: “beat the shit out of someone” and “murder them.” Since the victim is still alive, it therefore must have been “minimum force.”

13 Likes

What I would like to see is any attempt to frame someone, successful or not, carries the same penalty the person would have faced had they been convicted of whatever you tried to frame them for. No immunity for police and prosecutors as that’s something they should never be doing.

Withholding exculpatory evidence would count as trying to frame.

6 Likes

istockphoto-1135098475-170667a

10 Likes

Also that other guy called ‘Napoleonic’ or something.

1 Like

Terminated?

How is he not up on charges for obstruction, destroying evidence, conspiracy and disbarred?

11 Likes

And this prosecutor goes home at night, kisses his wife, pats his children on the head and reminds them to be good and honest citizens.

2 Likes

That prosecutor should be publicly hanged and left out for the crows.

1 Like

He should be terminated lethally for pulling this kind of shit. We can’t tolerate prosecutors who advise police to cover up crimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.