Court permits 62-year-old woman to extract sperm from dead husband to make a baby

They also can’t complain.

2 Likes

You know, I was wondering about this, too.
Per the linked story, the late husband’s body “is being stored at a Perth morgue”.
If I remember this correctly, dead mens’ sperm should be extracted ideally within 24 hours, 48 hours tops.
Sperm can be frozen and kept on ice for decades, if done right.
Does this still work as intended when the body is frozen and the sperm is extracted sometime later? Would the body need to be thawed out first?
Because cryogenic preservation does not work (yet?). What you end up with is basically freezer burn; the water in the body tissue forms sharp spikes that puncture and shred cell membranes.
So I’m very skeptical about frozen testicles yielding viable sperm.
In other words, bollocks more like.

4 Likes

Commercial surrogacy is also illegal in Australia, in every state. Though your point stands regardless from cost of reproductive technology alone.

Adoption in WA (that is, Western Australia not Washington) is governed by the Adoption Act, the text of which is available here:

https://www.legislation.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_6_homepage.html

She would not be able to adopt an infant. I haven’t been able to look over it carefully but I think rule is found in s52(3)(e) - the CEO must be satisfied that the prospective adoptive parent:

“is not more than 45 years older than the child in the case where the prospective adoptive parent is a prospective sole adoptive parent and does not have parental responsibility for another child”

3 Likes

You know how they say things like drinking and drug use can affect the viability and quality of sperm and eggs? Death should be on that list as well.

ALSO - I’m kinda shocked Donald Trump hasn’t been selling his wigglies … who wouldn’t want to carry the Messiah’s child?

2 Likes

I appreciate all the thoughtful responses on the ethical issues. I, still having the snicking mind of a 15 year old half human male, thought, 'How are they going to get the sperm?" (snicker) Then someone said, “One admires any woman that can make a dead man produce a sperm sample.”
That made me think of the Rolling Stones song. Start me up with the line,
"You, you made a dead man come" SO I looked it up, to get the quote right, and found this in Song Facts.
*Song facts on Start Me UP*

The line “I got somethin’ between my legs’ll make a dead man come” contains the phrase that Richards lifted up from Lucille Bogan – Shave 'Em Dry Lyrics track hook and sinker.

I got nipples on my titties, big as the end of my thumb
I got something between my legs’ll make a dead man cum

Lucille Bogan – Shave 'Em Dry Lyrics Originally Recorded 1933
Here is the audio of the song.

So, on the one hand my 15 year-old-brain went for the joke, on the other hand my mature mind went for the story behind the song lyric which I found fascinating.
Look at the lyrics of the Lucille Bogan song, WOAH! They are all about a woman having sex. In 1933!! I didn’t think women enjoyed sex until the 1960’s!
I’ll put a bit here but the whole SONG is wild!

Now if fuckin’ was the thing, that would take me to heaven
I’d be fuckin’ in the studio, till the clock strike eleven
Oh daddy, daddy shave 'em dry
I would fuck you baby, honey I’d make you cry

Now your nuts hang down like a damn bell sapper
And your dick stands up like a steeple
Your goddam ass-hole stands open like a church door
And the crabs walks in like people
Ow, shit!
Ooh!

Baby, won’t you shave 'em dry

A big sow gets fat from eatin’ corn
And a pig gets fat from suckin’
Reason you see this wh**e, fat like I am
Great God, I got fat from fuckin’
Eeeeh! Shave 'em dry

Thank you for coming [heh] to my Ted talk :slight_smile: :vulcan_salute:t2:

3 Likes

Extracting mature sperm from the epididymis and mixing it with seminal-vesicle and prostate secretions to make them viable…
New ambition! Get EPIDIDYMIS as a seven-letter score in a Scrabble game!

Yeah, that’s a great song. I’ve always loved it, especially her infectious laughter when she starts saying things that are scandalous even for her.

What’s amazing to me isn’t that she was singing it – I think songs like that have been sung since singing was invented – but that someone agreed to record it.

2 Likes

I.e. straight into the liquid nitrogen tank, mixed with a cocktail of chemicals to prevent ice crystals.
Sounds like dead husband is just plant-food now. Though if the would-be foster-parent has enough money, I’m sure that someone at the Perth morgue can be persuaded to whack off into a testtube.

28 responses and no Monty Python?

Maybe she didn’t want to make God irate?

Quite a diversion to find that, but wow what a find!

Parks And Recreation Gasp GIF by NBC

5 Likes

Surely not? Having sex was invented in the 1960ies, everybody knows this.

4 Likes

And women never enjoyed it, even today…

game of thrones agree GIF

5 Likes

Is ‘Cadaver semen’ a bandname yet? Of not, why not?

This dead guy is getting it more than me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.