COVID-19 isolation activities

Normally in Hawaii. Probably cheaper to just use real teak than to ship the fancy ply from the mainland; teak I can get.

1 Like

Teak is $40 a board foot here. How much is it there?

Don’t know off the top of my head. Whatever the price, I don’t recommend buying it here and shipping to the East Coast, shipping costs to/from Hawaii is killer on everything.

17 Likes

More art by me - art is therapy! A day making something is not a wasted day.

24 Likes

Here’s the download page:

10 Likes

It can be easy to forget that not everyone can afford to “isolate.” Let alone retreat.

20 Likes

Instead of all the masking just add a layer (for the colour etc) below and set the top layer to Darken or Multiply

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.09.30

Only the lineart will be opaque, the surrounding white will be transparent, you might have to mess around with brightness and contrast or levels to get a pure black for the lineart before you start this process.

3 Likes

Now’s your chance. There are many figure drawing classes online now as all the models are struggling and this is a good way of supporting them. Artists may be having a shitty time, but life models are bottom of the art heap.

I regularly drew from life until this hit and am missing it badly, so I am trying a bit of painting which I normally don’t have time for. There is some nudity, I wouldn’t normally blur but I thought I should.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Parabéns! I liked it. What material did you use?

Parabéns! I think it has a 1980’s atmosphere.

5 Likes

The background (mint green and grey) is gouache to get a nice flat, chalky finish; the figure is acrylics, on Bristol Board; overall size is just less than A3.

4 Likes

Watch out for the slipstreams!

4 Likes

29 Likes

Good god!

7 Likes

Or a bad god. A totally AWOL god.

11 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes