COVID-19 isolation activities

We’re conditioning and brushing out our Ponies’ hair. I mean, Applejack’s hair stays in a ponytail all the time, and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are born to be wild but it just isn’t right for Rarity to be all frizzy.

you know, house stuff.

20 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes

For a while I was playing this open mic pretty regularly, and there was a drummer named Brian and a guitar player named Brian. I had actually been playing on and off with a bass player also named Brian.

I was briefly considering getting them all together to form a band called Mike and the Brians- The joke of course, being that we’d all just call me Brian to avoid any confusion.

9 Likes

I have allergies (cough), asthma (shortness of breath), and high blood pressure (high body temp).

Playing “Am I Dying or is it Just Tuesday?” Has been fun.

18 Likes

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/03/urban-rats-search-for-food-coronavirus/

4 Likes
21 Likes

Allergies, Anxiety and low blood pressure. So swap out high body temp for low, with occasional chills (you know how when you’re running a fever, it seems cold while everyone else is fine? That.) and it’s the same adventure.

12 Likes

American Gothic Horror

8 Likes

Which was what happened when a set normally lit for video was put on film and lit the same way without regard for the medium.

5 Likes

The guy I bought our boat from covered the damage from a leaky window with some laminate. I discovered a completely rotten wall and window frames when I started to “dig”. It just got worse and worse. Since I have a ton of time now, I made new window frames out of Sapele, the trim out of mahogany, and the wall out of Sapele marine plywood. By far, my most complicated wood project to date.

Before:

After:

I’m pretty stoked at how it came out.

17 Likes

How big is your boat? Is it running? Any nifty tricks on it?

7 Likes
16 Likes

Ill check out that thread. Thanks. It is a 40’ trawler that I am refitting and restoring to be a mini expedition trawler. Sure does work. Currently traveling on her 7 months into a two year voyage. Like all boats there are tons of projects for me to work on during this pandemic. Finishing up an install of a newish ac/heater. I will stop here before I derail this thread and check out your boat one.

9 Likes
10 Likes

We are having a great time with ours. These parents have obviously never owned a jack russle terrier before. With the kids just like with the dog, the trick is to burn them out early in the day.

3 Likes

I’m incredibly envious you have a source of that.

2 Likes

It is important to keep some contact with the rest of the world during isolation to reduce causal domain shear.

The expression can be traced to the Third Centennial Apert, when the gates of several Hundreder maths opened to reveal startling outcomes, e. g.: at Saunt Rambalf’s, a mass suicide that had taken place only moments earlier. At Saunt Terramore’s, nothing at all — not even human remains. At Saunt Byadin’s, a previously unheard-of religious sect… At Saunt Lesper’s, no humans, but a previously undiscovered species of tree-dwelling higher primates.

1 Like
11 Likes

Its like magic wood. Not sure where you are but I get it here:

http://www.atlanticveneer.com/AV__Mill_Contacts%20copy.htm

The A side finishes like teak.

1 Like