Crazy Zillow listing reveals floor plans inspired by Harriet Tubman and Frida Kahlo

And to add insult to injury, it’s a completely generic suburban tract home monstrosity, undifferentiated even from its next-door neighbor. It’s funny how, in certain industries, the more grand - and grotesque - the hype, the weaker the product.

3 Likes

Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see “The Bathory”.

5 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

I call it the Merneith, after one of Ancient Egypt’s earliest woman rulers!

It’s actually an Ancient Egyptian rich people house. Poor people houses were - and sometimes still are - unpainted or whitewashed mud brick with a few small rooms and itty bitty windows.

3 Likes

Looking at this i’m reminded of some of the fancier colonial houses i saw as a kid in Venezuela, and i’ve always been a fan of the layout. If i had the money i would build something like it because i really love the idea of the house being laid out to have a green space as the center of the home

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 17-47-38 diagrama de casa colonial en venezuela - Google Search
(random example i found, though this one has two open air areas)

5 Likes

Season 8 Episode 23 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

2 Likes

The real estate industry has been gradually phasing out the term “Master Bedroom” for reasons that should probably be obvious in a discussion related to Harriet Tubman. The preferred terms are now “Primary Bedroom,” “Main Bedroom” or “Owner Bedroom.”

6 Likes

Atriums and the like are ideal for homes in proper climates! Lotsa N African homes have them.

Something I V much dislike abt that Egyptian home/estate is the servants’ quarters being right alongside the cattle pen. I’m sure it’s much better than sleeping on a rug or pallet on the floor near the lord’s/lady’s door, but still!

ETA: Many AE homes had two or more floors. Rich and poor alike often spent warm summer nights sleeping out on their roofs.

2 Likes

GPT4 still droppin’ the nuclear option in the first tranche.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.