Create modular cat houses with these carboard building blocks

Here’s what I did when we had a few weeks of cold weather to keep Alpha, Other and Bonus cats cozier on the poorly insulated sun porch they love: cardboard trifold display plus aluminum foil as a space heater reflector. No cats would cooperate for the photo, of course.

4 Likes

Off topic, I like the artwork at the top center of your photo. Is that a 3-D diorama, plus a 2-D painting? If so, was/were it/they conceived as one piece?

Yes, exactly. My daughter’s coral reef diorama project for school made from a shoe box and richly embellished from our shell collection. And because no project in her world is complete without a cat, she drew and colored the picture of the (anthropomorphized) cat on the sailboat, which we glued to foam board and secured to the top of the box.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply! Very cool, I find it intriguing.

2 Likes

Did anyone notice that the top picture has these cardboard boxes in a circular carpet? Double cat trap!

1 Like

I was thinking that the cats in the bottom picture looked a lot like each other…and then I realized: These aren’t modular houses at all—they’re feline-multipliers. Beware!

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the bottom picture is a composite and the same cat is in there multiple times. That orange tabby with the swirl motif on his side was apparently the most active of the bunch.

2 Likes

Exactly! :smiley:

A real beauty, that one, eh? :smiley:

I’ve been clicking ALL the links but I can’t find 3D printer plans for the cardboard cat house. This is Boing Boing, right?

That’s “classic tabby” to you. :cat:

1 Like

But, it’s cardboard. As it happens, I was looking into how cardboard would be cut on a CNC, the other day. You use a device called a drag knife: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jbtRTV6uw

You can cut cardboard quite nicely with a laser cutter (only downside is it’s tricky to avoid scorching on the edges).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.