That's one way to put leftover IKEA boxes to good use

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/24/thats-one-way-to-put-leftove.html

9 Likes

Oh, my little furry murder-beast would love that…

18 Likes

Little cat, big cat, cardboard box.

13 Likes

Years ago, when dot matrix printers were still a big thing, my dad put a long printout on the floor. Our kitty went absolutely NUTS. She probably spent 20 minutes or so diving under it and leaping out.

10 Likes

­

“I fits? I sits.”

27 Likes

I buy my cats tempting catnip mice, so they go into the Christmas box and bring me giftwrap bows to play fetch with.

4 Likes

My son is making bird-houses from cardboard boxes as a business (he is still in high school). One angle he is pursuing is getting Amazon or some of the big players to print instructions on how to turn a box into a birdhouse/nesting box. Compostable, non-toxic, up cycled trash into habitat! Making a dent in the future.

Juuuuust patented turning Amazon’s A13 box into a cat playhouse. kthxbye!

3 Likes

Not only do I not see what boxes being IKEA boxes in particular has anything to do with cat-appeal, these also don’t look much like IKEA’s iconic flat-pack boxes in the first place.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten enough stuff from Ikea to know that not all of the boxes are “iconic.” Larger boxes have plenty of blank space.

1 Like

Awww, I scratch those cute wittle ears? chomp.

4 Likes

Oh-so-cute, but deadly.

4 Likes

I used to put a box with holes in the side over our Siamese kitty (a kitten her whole ten years), and watch “the monkey’s paw” come out when I put something by her. Every now and then I’d lift it up, in case she wasn’t cool being there, but she usually just waited for me to put it back down so she could get back to it.

4 Likes

13 Likes

If you have hot air heat, find a floor register, or wall register and cut a corresponding hole in the bottom, and a vent in the top. Every time they hear the heater start they will run in. Of course this only works if you live in a cold climate

I did this for a whole winter once, and figuring that the heater started 3 times an hour, both cats lost weight from the exercise. The main reason cats hate us is we don’t keep our thermostats set at 80 degrees.

2 Likes

It’s like whack-a-mole in reverse. I approve.

3 Likes

I bought my daughter a roll of this stuff to build cat houses out of the boxes we get from Amazon. It melds with the cardboard, is paintable and super strong. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NC0H4YN/ref=sxr_rr_xsim_1?pf_rd_p=9ddc66f6-9fc0-49ff-b2fa-06a39d9859e6&pd_rd_wg=V3jPA&pf_rd_r=E8SHWVG7FSNDHDZTKFYA&pd_rd_i=B01NC0H4YN&pd_rd_w=jzF6X&pd_rd_r=467e203a-6474-4ad4-bebb-8ff22c464227&ie=UTF8&qid=1548442468&sr=1

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.