Creepy 1975 commercial sexualizes babies

It’s along the same continuum as groups of adult women being asked “are you alone?” because they don’t have a man with them. It’s all about how a woman (the object) is related to a man.

Innocence means you have not yet become a man’s sexual plaything.

Think about it: how often are men or even boys referred to as “innocent”? Instead, they’re “inexperienced”.

6 Likes

This commercial was featured in the last season of The Americans, as KGB dad Phillip goes through contortions to resist Kremlin orders to seduce a teen whose father has access to strategic secrets.

3 Likes

Lots of blurred images in that video.

jeez louise
( *・_・)ノ⌒ *

What? The 70s rape and violence content was much higher in the grindhouse days. The misogynistic flicks still creeps me out more than the gore of the 80s and 90s.

I love terrible movies but I had to stop watching some of the trailers from a Something Weird grindhouse collection, seemed that nearly every one of them had rape in it.

2 Likes

What a Pretty Baby.

The 70s were weird this way.

(gif not much related)

1 Like

After recently seeing “Kill Bill” for the firdt time, I was mildly interested in seeking out his source material, but the "rape story behind “Lady Snowblood” struck me the wrong way, so I never actually got around to seeing anything more than the trailers… Of course, “Kill Bill” contains the same subtext, so I’m not sure what I was expecting.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.