Creepy commercials for Omega Mart, a supermarket with a difference

Originally published at: Creepy commercials for Omega Mart, a supermarket with a difference | Boing Boing

7 Likes

i love every single one. now i wanna go there. i’m gonna be singing that jingle all day.

11 Likes

The cost and scale of the work necessary to create that quantity of distinct individual labels, products, displays, and signage in-house is mind-blowing.

7 Likes

Omega Mart has to be located in Scarfolk’s American sister city.

13 Likes

“, is located at Area15 – an experiential, 200,000sq ft retail and entertainment centre – and will feature more than 250 art projects created by 325 artists.”

9 Likes

Omega Mart? Omega Martian!

1 Like

We’re posting all the Apple Cabin Foods flyers here right?

9 Likes

These guys have a great IG feed as well. I started following them (meow wolf) mid last year when I was trying to liven up my feed.

The commitment to their concept is on another level. Try calling the 800 number that appears at the 3 minute mark. It’s hilarious!

I’m actually considering jumping into my car and taking the trip to the NV wasteland to see Omega Mart…once vaccinated of course!

2 Likes

“If U need 2 ask, ASK!”

1 Like

Yes, that’s perfect. Whatever town this is in Omega Mart is basically the ur-mall of American consumerism, whereas Scarfolk is every British inept and bureaucratic council ever.

2 Likes

We’ve been to the original Meow Wolf in SF many a time, and “magical” is a word I don’t use lightly.

Watch some of the youtube videos on OmegaMart. I was worried that a foray into Vegas would mean a corruption of the art idea, but it looks like I worried for no reason. It’s Meow Wolf with a budget.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.