Cries of 'Active Shooter' evacuated a terminal at LAX and disrupt air travel nationwide

Originally published at: Cries of 'Active Shooter' evacuated a terminal at LAX and disrupt air travel nationwide | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

16 Likes

If the arsehole shouting “active shooter” wasn’t paid by Putin or Xi he was a fool. This is how fragile these systems are.

13 Likes

something something freedom of speech something

3 Likes

I’ll lay odds that this asshole had arrived on a flight and wasn’t waiting to board.

4 Likes

“Operations resumed after the scare, which appeared to stem from an altercation between two men who were detained by Los Angeles Airport Police Division officers”

“Officers were called about 7:30 p.m. to Terminal 1, according to an airport official. One of the two men apparently felt threatened, possibly believing the other had a weapon, said Lt. Karla Rodriguez, an airport police spokeswoman.” -NBC

Sounds more like a B movie about 3rd rate assassins.

10 Likes

I’d be surprised if this wasn’t a radicalized fear.

I spent 3 hours wednesday catching up on overdue workplace trainings, including “Active Shooter” and I must say as a certificate-of-completion holder, I don’t think preemptively shouting the phrase “Active Shooter” was in the curriculum. A colleage dressing “disheveled” and not being chipper about their wage slavery were considered warning signs that should be reported to management though, so grains of salt with that retired-fascist-pseudo-consultant-written horseshit.

11 Likes

I’m bemused by the term “active shooter”. What other kind of shooter is there? If he isn’t active, he’s just a guy with a gun, right? Either you’re an active shooter or you’re no shooter at all.

Just say “shooter”.

1 Like

You are still a “shooter” even after the Swat sniper has put a bullet in your head.

Clearly not enough good guys with a gun to keep this from happening /s

1 Like

Either you’re an active shooter, or you’re just a passive victim (except iin cases where the term victim might be construed as to disparage the reputation of the active shooter.)

2 Likes

Wow, I get our companies use the same provider for training about these things.

Also, I learned to hide in a locked room with the lights off, but be prepared for life or fighting if and only if there’s no way to retreat.

Also, my business is now has a greater than 90% WHF population, so…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.