Critics claim penis gummies look like lighthouses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/12/critics-claim-penis-gummies-lo.html

8 Likes

For once you give someone license to say that something is a dick and they turn around and say “nuh-uh, it’s a lighthouse.”

14 Likes

the tasty treats in fact resemble lighthouses , a perverse symbol of the shipping industry, long-associated with press-ganging, slavery, shipwrecks and other atrocities on the high seas.

Can we all play?

Maybe: “resemble lighthouses, a reflection (see what I did there?) of man’s instinct to build a large, penis-shaped structure at any and every possible available opportunity. The Victorians were right when they insisted lighthouses should be shrouded in cloth, leaving only the light visible”

14 Likes

I can kind of see their point. Now that it’s been pointed out, in fact, i can only see lighthouses. Disgusting!

29 Likes

Once seen, never unseen.

ETA I also see what you did there with your pointed language.

12 Likes

two things…

1. They do look like penises AND lighthouses
  2. Uh, Lighthouses are associated with what now? The only thing I ever associated a lighthouse with is a museum or ya know…to identify rocks/shoals where ships shouldn’t get go.

Seriously Rob? Lighthouses? We can’t have lighthouses in the nice things category?

8 Likes

Next thing you know, they’ll be trying to call them rocketships in launch.

6 Likes

I thought that these were Gummy Einstein Towers?!

They are being grouped with Penises; aren’t Penises “nice things”?

15 Likes

Associated with ship wreck… prevention?

3 Likes

Well— when ships wreck they spill their seamen on the rocks and that’s a sin, so I’m going with the lighthouse as a symbol of continence, moral rectitude, and devotion.

29 Likes

[insert that clip from The Lighthouse trailer with Dafoe and Pattinson saying “What?” a hundred times here]

2 Likes

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

2 Likes
4 Likes

“a perverse symbol of the shipping industry, long-associated with press-ganging, slavery, shipwrecks and other atrocities on the high seas”

7 Likes
5 Likes

Happy sailors indeed.

2 Likes

“There’s a picture opposite me
Of my primitive ancestry
Which stood on rocky shores and kept the beaches shipwreck free
Though I respect that a lot
I’d be fired if that were my job
After killing Jason off and countless screaming Argonauts”

12 Likes

So, a bag of sugary dicks, essentially.

8 Likes

Little tiny tRump wiener gummies, I love it.

Pretty ballsy comment, my friend.

3 Likes